Parking Lot Smart
We’ve all heard about “street smart,” maybe we need to also be “parking lot smart!” Remember these during our shorter, darker days! Please take the time to read this. I know you are smart enough to know these pointers but there will be some, where you will go “Hmm… I must remember that.” After reading this, forward it to someone you care about. It never hurts to be careful in this crazy world we live in.
- Tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!
- If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you! Chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD…IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
- If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back taillights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won’t see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
- Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc. DON’T DO THIS! A predator could be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND… LEAVE!!
- A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot, or parking garage:A. Be aware: Look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor, and in the back seat.
B. If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.
C. Look at the car parked on the driver’s side of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out. IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead!)
- ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. (Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot).
- If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times; And even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN!
- As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP IT. It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a great-looking, well-educated, articulate man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked “for help” into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.