This is Leslie Mayo, National Communications Coordinator, with the APFA Hotline for Monday, June 25, 2012.
APFA and the Company have been in contact with each other regarding negotiations and both parties have expressed their desire to return to the table.
APFA continues to examine the potential deal between APA and management, along with our attorneys and other advisors, to determine the best course of action for our members. If APA decides to send AA’s last best offer (LBO) to the membership for potential ratification, it is possible that the bankruptcy judge may delay his decision on the 1113 motion until the ratification period is over. If APA does not send out an LBO or T/A, the bankruptcy judge said last week that he is prepared to issue his decision this Friday, June 29th.
This situation is extremely fluid and we are in uncharted territory. Therefore, it is imperative that all flight attendants stay close to the hotline for accurate information and not yield to rumors or speculation.
That’s it for now.