FIVE (5) DAYS OF THE MONTH [ MIC ] CANCELLATION/ILLEGALITY PROTECTION:
1. If FA is at or below guarantee (even a reduced guarantee): a. Regardless of the HI1 header, the FA has no further obligation. b. The guarantee is protected.
2. The sequence pay protection and obligation are limited to the contractual month in which the sequence was scheduled to originate. Because the FA is not protecting time that carries into the next month, s/he does not have to accept an assignment that arrives in the following month. The pay protection would remain intact.
3. Applies only at origination of FA’s last trip of the month, including Make-Up, Option II and Optional Exchange. This protection does not apply to mid-sequence cancellations.
4. It must be the last trip of the month when the cancellation happens and must originate in last five days of the month.
5. Only if the FA is at or above guarantee and wants to protect the hours of the trip, s/he must:
a. Place her/his name on the make-up list for all days originally scheduled to fly, including the eight- (8) hour period after the scheduled termination of the trip sequence lost or until midnight of the last day of the contractual month and remain available for contact.
b. Accept any trip offered that originates up to eight hours after scheduled termination of the trip sequence lost. FA must be legal and available for assignment.
1) If not offered such a trip on make-up, s/he is pay protected for lost time.
2) If offered and actually flies a trip worth less than trip lost, s/he is pay protected for the greater time.
3) If offered such a trip on make-up and declines the assignment, pay protection is forfeited, but guarantee remains intact. If the cancellation happens after sign-in, it is important that you make contact with Crew Scheduling/Crew Tracking prior to leaving the airport to claim call-out pay and request a release time. The release time sets the clock for required home-based rest.