|APFA LAA Members
||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|APFA LUS Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Non-Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Press||Subscribe to APFA’s Press Release|
Wednesday, November 18, 2015
December 2015 PBS Bid Award Summary – LUS
The December 2015 PBS Bid Awards are now available for viewing on the PBS Award tab. If you have questions regarding your award, please call the Flight Attendant Resource Center (FARC) at (480) 693-8232.
Any Flight Attendant who has an inquiry or believes she/he may have received a mis-award shall notify the FARC no later than the 1200 on the 23rd of the month, or, if on vacation, within twenty-four (24) hours of return from her/his vacation.
Below, you will find the December 2015 PBS Award Summary for CLT, DCA, PHL and PHX. Here are a few definitions for some of the key terms to help you better understand the award summary chart:
1. Shadow Bid/Pay Purpose Only Bid – Once the final awards are published, Crew Scheduling will run PBS for a Pay Purpose Only (PPO) award. Crew Scheduling shall run PBS with the same bids and settings as the regular bid with the addition of the bids (standing or actual) of any Flight Attendant who is off the entire bid period to determine what she/he could have held for pay purposes only. Such PPO awards shall only be used for this pay determination and shall not change in any way sequence awards as published in the final line awards.
2. “Line of Time” shall mean a monthly unit of Flight Attendant flying containing a minimum of seventy (70) credit hours and a maximum of ninety (90) credit hours per bid period. The Company may flex the maximum line value by an annual amount of twenty-five (25) hours, but in no case more than five (5) hours during any given month. As an exception, a Flight Attendant may indicate a bid choice which may allow the bid award to exceed the bounds specified by bidding a High or Low bidding option.
3. Low Lines Option – For the December 2015 Award, lines constructed in accordance with this bid option shall be constructed to no less than forty (40.00) hours, and no more than 69.59 credit hours.
4. High Lines Option – For the December 2015 Award, lines constructed in accordance with this bid option shall be constructed to no more than one hundred and ten (110.00) hours and no less than 90.01 hours.
5. Flight Attendants who select the Low Option during a given bid month and also hold at least seven (7) days or more of vacation during that month, shall be given priority to achieve a PBS result below the minimum line value ahead of other Flight Attendants who may be more senior but do not hold vacation.
6. The Company may set a targeted line average between seventy-five (75) and eighty-five (85) hours. In months the Company flexes the maximum to ninety-five (95) hours, the targeted line average may be set to no more than eighty-eight (88) hours. The targeted line average is a global parameter which will be respected while awarding Flight Attendant sequences pursuant to her/his seniority.