|APFA LAA Members
||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|APFA LUS Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Non-Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Press||Subscribe to APFA’s Press Release|
Monday, December 21, 2015
- January 2016 PBS Bid Award Summary – LUS
- January Reserve Relief Update Regarding Filler Days – LUS
January 2016 PBS Bid Award Summary – LUS
The January 2016 PBS Bid has been awarded and is available for viewing in the Crew Portal and CATCREW. Any Flight Attendant who has a question about his/her award or believes he/she may have received a mis-award should notify the Flight Attendant Bidding Resource Center (FABRC) at (480) 693-8232.
Below, you will find the January 2016 PBS Award Summary for CLT, DCA, PHL and PHX. Here are a few definitions for some of the key terms to help you better understand the award summary chart:
1. Shadow Bid/Pay Purpose Only Bid – Once the final awards are published, Crew Scheduling will run PBS for a Pay Purpose Only (PPO) award. Crew Scheduling shall run PBS with the same bids and settings as the regular bid with the addition of the bids (standing or actual) of any Flight Attendant who is off the entire bid period to determine what she/he could have held for pay purposes only. Such PPO awards shall only be used for this pay determination and shall not change in any way sequence awards as published in the final line awards.
2. “Line of Time” shall mean a monthly unit of Flight Attendant flying containing a minimum of seventy (70) credit hours and a maximum of ninety (90) credit hours per bid period. The Company may flex the maximum line value by an annual amount of twenty-five (25) hours, but in no case more than five (5) hours during any given month. As an exception, a Flight Attendant may indicate a bid choice which may allow the bid award to exceed the bounds specified by bidding a High or Low bidding option.
3. Low Lines Option – For the January 2016 Award, lines constructed in accordance with this bid option shall be constructed to no less than forty (40.00) hours, and no more than 69.59 credit hours.
4. High Lines Option – For the January 2016 Award, lines constructed in accordance with this bid option shall be constructed to no more than one hundred and ten (110.00) hours and no less than 90.01 hours.
5. Flight Attendants who select the Low Option during a given bid month and also hold at least seven (7) days or more of vacation during that month, shall be given priority to achieve a PBS result below the minimum line value ahead of other Flight Attendants who may be more senior but do not hold vacation.
6. The Company may set a targeted line average between seventy-five (75) and eighty-five (85) hours. In months the Company flexes the maximum to ninety-five (95) hours, the targeted line average may be set to no more than eighty-eight (88) hours. The targeted line average is a global parameter which will be respected while awarding Flight Attendant sequences pursuant to her/his seniority.
January Reserve Relief Update Regarding Filler Days – LUS
January Filler Day Questions and Answers:
Q: The original communication referred to “additional filler days” that could be used in January. Please explain.
A: January filler days were already bid and then awarded on December 8th. This is an additional opportunity to request and be awarded filler days post the December 8th awards.
Q: Must I already have vacation in January in order to request use of the additional filler days bidding opportunity in January (7th thru 30th)?
A: No. A Flight Attendants is not required to have existing vacation day(s) in order to use filler days in January under this agreement.
Q: Is the 2016 January filler day matrix being increased?
A: No. The original January 2016 filler day matrix (see Red Book page 8-8) remains unchanged.
Q: Will my 2016-2017 filler day allotment increase?
A: Each Flight Attendant’s original allotment remains unchanged. Note: Each Flight Attendant may hold up to 20% of accrued vacation up to six days to be used as filler days.
Q: Under this agreement how does a Flight Attendant request additional filler day(s)?
A: Immediately following the posting of the January 2016 PBS awards, all LUS Flight Attendants may request to use additional filler days (which may drop trip(s) from January 7th through January 30th) for the bid month of January 2016. To request additional filler days email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Requests will be processed as they are received and results posted within two business days of the individual submittal.
Q: Is there a limit to the number of filler days a Flight Attendant can use in January?
A: No. A Flight Attendant may use as many of the filler days in their original allotment as they desire.
Q: Will the use of a filler day to drop a trip be allowed if the drop will reduce the Flight Attendant below 40 hours?
A: No. A filler day cannot be used if it would drop a Flight Attendant’s line value below 40 hours.
Q: I held a filler day in the December 8th award process. Can I exchange that filler day for one in the additional filler day opportunity which drops a trip in my line?
A: No. They cannot be exchanged.
For issues with logging into your account please contact the Membership Department during regular business hours at (817) 540-0108 ext. 8153.
For important or time-sensitive issues regarding contract, scheduling, health, IOD, or other department-related questions please visit the department contact information page to contact the department you need. For immediate assistance please call APFA headquarters at (817) 540-0108
Visit the Contact Us page for general questions or media inquiries.