|APFA LAA Members
||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|APFA LUS Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Non-Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Press||Subscribe to APFA’s Press Release|
- February 2016 PBS Bid Award Summary – LUS
- Vacation Extension (VEX) Requests for March – LUS
- VLOA Openings – March 2016 – LUS
February 2016 PBS Bid Award Summary – LUS
The February 2016 PBS Bid has been awarded and is available for viewing in the Crew Portal. Any Flight Attendant who has a question about his/her award or believes he/she may have received a mis-award should notify the Flight Attendant Bidding Resource Center (FABRC) at (480) 693-8232.
Below, you will find the February 2016 PBS Award Summary for CLT, DCA, PHL and PHX. Here are a few definitions for some of the key terms to help you better understand the award summary chart:
1. Shadow Bid/Pay Purpose Only Bid – Crew Scheduling shall run PPO bids during the regular PBS award process. PPO bids are run with the same bids and settings as the regular bid with the addition of the bids (standing or actual) of any Flight Attendant, including Flight Attendants on a Voluntary Leave of Absence (VLOA), who is off the entire bid period to determine what she/he could have held for shadow bid/pay purposes only. Such PPO awards shall only be used for this pay determination and shall not change in any way pairing/sequence awards as published in the final line awards.
2. “Line of Time” shall mean a monthly unit of Flight Attendant flying containing a minimum of seventy (70) credit hours and a maximum of ninety (90) credit hours per bid period. The Company may flex the maximum line value by an annual amount of twenty-five (25) hours, but in no case more than five (5) hours during any given month. As an exception, a Flight Attendant may indicate a bid choice which may allow the bid award to exceed the bounds specified by bidding a High or Low bidding option.
3. Low Lines Option – For the February 2016 Award, lines constructed in accordance with this bid option shall be constructed to no less than forty (40.00) hours, and no more than 69.59 credit hours.
4. High Lines Option – For the February 2016 Award, lines constructed in accordance with this bid option shall be constructed to no more than one hundred and ten (110.00) hours and no less than 90.01 hours.
5. Flight Attendants who select the Low Option during a given bid month and also hold at least seven (7) days or more of vacation during that month, shall be given priority to achieve a PBS result below the minimum line value ahead of other Flight Attendants who may be more senior but do not hold vacation.
6. The Company may set a targeted line average between seventy-five (75) and eighty-five (85) hours. In months the Company flexes the maximum to ninety-five (95) hours, the targeted line average may be set to no more than eighty-eight (88) hours. The targeted line average is a global parameter which will be respected while awarding Flight Attendant sequences pursuant to her/his seniority.
Vacation Extension (VEX) Requests for March – LUS
• January 19 – 31 submit via VEX Form on Wings – Flight Service – Lines & Pairings (Bidding) page
When submitting for VEX Days you must have a continuous vacation block of at least seven (7) days. The days off will act as a pre-planned absence, and will carry NO pay or credit. Such days off will be counted toward the Reserve’s scheduled Golden Days. Such block of four (4) days, or portion thereof, may be extended into the next bid period.
VLOA Openings – March 2016 – LUS
The Company is projecting an opportunity to award Voluntary Leaves of Absence (VLOA) for the month of March 2016. These VLOAs may be available for the March 2016 bid month (effective March 2, 2016) in the following domiciles: CLT — DCA — PHL — PHX
- Lineholders are responsible for lead in trips for the award month.
- Picking up trips via ETB is not permissible while on this leave.
- Required training scheduled for the month must be attended and will be compensated accordingly.
- Accruals for both sick and vacation will continue during the period of the leave.
- Any scheduled vacation will be paid.
- Benefits will remain active for the duration of the leave.
All VLOA requests for March 2016 must be submitted electronically via the VLOA Request Form on WINGS prior to the deadline of 12:00 Noon (EST) and 10:00 (MST), Wednesday, January 20, 2016. Awards will be posted no later than Thursday, January 21, 2016.