|APFA LAA Members
||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|APFA LUS Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Non-Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Press||Subscribe to APFA’s Press Release|
Monday, January 25, 2016
Reserve Rescheduling and Pay Protection Incentives – LUS
If actual operations cause a Reserve’s duty period to be extended into her/his Golden Day (GD) or Moveable Day (MD), any pay hours on or after 0000 of her/his GD(s) or MD(s) shall be paid at Pay, No Credit. If actual operations cause a Reserve’s duty period to be extended for one (1) hour or less into her/his GD or MD such day will not be restored. In addition,if actual operations cause a Reserve’s duty period to be extended for more than one (1) hour into her/his GD(s) or MD(s), the options specified below, shall apply. The reserve will be released from all duty for the remainder of the day she/he returns to domicile.
In the event a Reserve has been assigned on a MD, or the Reserve has worked into a GD or MD because of actual operations as specified, the Reserve and the Company shall mutually agree to the reinstatement of a GD on a different day in that bid period. The Reserve will be required to contact Crew Scheduling for the reinstatement of her/his GD(s) within 48 hours of the assignment into such MD or GD to mutually agree upon an alternative day. If no agreement is reached, or the Reserve fails to call within forty-eight (48) hours of the assignment into such MD or GD, or the Reserve has no more days of availability in the bid period to be converted into a GD, she/he shall receive pay no credit equal the value of a Reserve day. For example, minimum Reserve guarantee divided by the number of originally scheduled days in that line that are not GD’s or MD’s, in lieu of the day(s) off.
Important Reminders for Reserve Flight Attendants:
- Reserve Flight Attendants are protected by all provisions considered for a Lineholder; once the Reserve has been assigned /awarded a pairing.
- If a Reserve Flight Attendant has been assigned into a MD that contains an Electronic Trade Board (ETB) pairing the Reserve is not pay protected for such pairing.
- If a Reserve Flight Attendant has in actual operations become illegal to originate an ETB pairing on a MD than that ETB pairing will fall under the illegal though no fault language. There is a difference in pay protection on a MD on how and when the MD was assigned/flown into.
- If a Reserve Flight Attendant in actual operation works into a GD that contains an ETB pairing the pairing will fall under the illegal though no fault language, found in Section 10.K. of the 2013 Red Book Contract
- Last trip of the month pay protection applies to a Lineholder and Reserve Flight Attendants respectfully.
A Reserve Flight Attendant registered as a commuter can fall under the commuter policy when commuting to base for an assignment when there are flight cancellations maintenance issues etc., and especially due to inclement weather.
During this very trying period due to reschedules, cancellations and airport closures, it is very important to understand your 2013 Red Book Contract language and provisions. If you have any questions or issues about your schedule, pay, etc., please contact one of your local Union representatives or the APFA Contract desk at 817-540-0108, ext. 8169.
APFA LUS Reserve Representative
For issues with logging into your account please contact the Membership Department during regular business hours at (817) 540-0108 ext. 8153.
For important or time-sensitive issues regarding contract, scheduling, health, IOD, or other department-related questions please visit the department contact information page to contact the department you need. For immediate assistance please call APFA headquarters at (817) 540-0108
Visit the Contact Us page for general questions or media inquiries.