|APFA LAA Members
||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|APFA LUS Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Non-Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Press||Subscribe to APFA’s Press Release|
Monday, April 18, 2016
APFA National Department Chair and Regional Representative Appointments – LAA/LUS
APFA National Department Chair Appointments
The Board of Directors of APFA has established National Administrative Departments and corresponding committees to provide an effective means of providing service to the Flight Attendants of American Airlines. National Departments and committees are established by the Board to function in concert with the Flight Attendants, the Base Presidents and Vice Presidents, the Base Councils, the National Officers and the Executive Committee so as to foster communication, cooperation, strength and unity within the APFA.
National Chairs shall organize and oversee the activities of their respective departments and/or committees as established and defined by the APFA Constitution, APFA Policy Manual, and APFA Board of Directors. The National President has the responsibility of nominating members to serve in the positions of APFA National Chairs. The following members have been nominated by APFA National President Bob Ross to serve as National Department Chairs, and have been unanimously approved by the APFA Executive Committee:
Communications Chair – Shane Staples (MIA)
Contract Chair – Chuck Ransdale (CLT)
Health Chair – Gabby Harty (CLT)
Hotel Chair – Andrea Marie Plevritis (DFW)
Injury on Duty Chair – Bellia Peckson (DFW)
Safety and Security Chair – Noelle Weiler (DFW)
Scheduling Chair – Daniel Koukes (DFW)
Regional Representative Appointments
The duties of the Regional Representative shall include but shall not be limited to the following:
- The Regional Representative shall coordinate with each Base President in his/her Region and assist with those activities as deemed necessary by the Base President which affect interpretation of the Collective Bargaining Agreement(s), grievance procedures and local policies for all operations at the base.
- The Regional Representative is responsible for representation of all first level dismissal cases involving Flight Attendants.
- The Regional Representative shall assist in the preparation of and/or presentation of cases before the System Board of Adjustment at the direction of the National Vice President.
- The Regional Representative shall initiate and maintain communication with Company personnel in his/her Region.
- The Regional Representative may assist in the training of base representatives when deemed necessary by the National Vice President.
- The Regional Representative must coordinate all of his/her duties with the National Vice President and/or National President of the Association.
APFA National Vice President Nena Martin has nominated the following members to serve in the positions of Regional Representatives, and have been unanimously approved by the APFA Executive Committee:
- Fiona MacPherson (RDU) for Regional Representative 1 for ORD and RDU
- Maureen Walsh-Martin (DFW) for Regional Representative 2 for DFW
- Kristin McCullor (LAX) for Regional Representative 3 for LAX, SFO and STL
- Heidi Kidwell (MIA) for Regional Representative 4 for DCA-AA and MIA
- Willie Aviles (LGA) for Regional Representative 5 for BOS and LGA
- Roger Holmin (PHL) for Regional Representative 6 for CLT and PHL
- Mark Gentile (CLT) for Regional Representative 7 for DCA-US and PHX
The appointments made today fulfill the Constitutional process that applies to the approval of National Department Chairs and Regional Representatives. The APFA National President will be appointing other representatives such as Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Government Affairs and Retirement at a later date.