Saturday, February 27, 2016
- Hold Please
- APFA Board of Directors Convention
- Hot Off the Press
Just when we are coming up for air from a December PBS Meltdown, the Jonas Storm hits and all the problems associated with it. Mother Nature will always wreck havoc, but it is unacceptable that a billion dollar entity cannot do better when it does.
Some of the areas we continue to address with the Company this month are:
- F/As inability to reach Scheduling with exceptionally long hold times.
- Incorrect application of rescheduling and other contractual language.
- Difficulty in securing hotel rooms for our crews.
- Payroll and deduction errors.
- “Missing” or incorrect W2s.
- Delays in processing FMLA.
- An increase in FA Coaching/Counseling and Mandatory Meetings.
- Health Benefit Coverage disputes, along with increased rates.
- Continual Crew Portal problems contributing to sluggish ETB processing.
Your input is so important. When we have your examples to support our claims of the Company “dropping the ball”, it helps everyone.
It is time that the Company not just acknowledge that there is a huge morale problem, but also take the necessary stops to improve it.
APFA Board of Directors Convention
The annual APFA Board of Directors Convention will be held at the Sheraton Grand Phoenix Hotel March 9-12, 2016. All members in good standings are encouraged to attend.
Hot Off the Press
The majority of the questions we receive during Irregular Operations fall under Hours of Service, Reserve, and Rest Requirement language in the Red Book Contract.
Shortly, LUS Flight Attendants, like their LAA counterparts will have a CliffsNotes condensed handbook version called the “On-Duty Contract Guide.”
We appreciate the work done behind the scenes to get this accomplished. It will prove helpful for Flight Attendants in accessing and understanding their contractual rights.
Thank you for your diligence; and fighting spirit.
In Unity and Support ~
APFA DCA-LUS Base President