Friday, September 9, 2016
CHANGE IS HARD
It’s not the first time we have heard that phrase. We have been struggling with changes since the announcement of this merger. We had the ratification of our Contract, which included the largest scheduling changes in the history of our airline. We had our representational change, which has brought about many challenges. We have endured procedural change after procedural change, and now we are faced with operational changes, which ultimately affect our daily lives as well as our paychecks.
It was just announced that Philadelphia will experience a further reduction in our premium flying, as well as some reductions in our domestic operations.
- PHL – Brussels, Belgium (BRU): Station Closure (Aug. 21, 2016), started May 1989
- PHL – Zürich, Switzerland (ZRH): Route Exit (Sept. 30, 2016), started June 2007 – from seasonal
- PHL – White Plains, NY (HPN): Route Exit (Dec. 14, 2016)
- PHL – Halifax, Nova Scotia (YHZ): Station Closure (Jan. 8, 2017)
- PHL – Frankfurt, Germany (FRA): Suspended November 2016 – March 2017; return in April – October 2017
The Annual Seasonal Service Endings
- PHL- ATH – 10/28
- PHL- BCN – 10/29
- PHL- LIS – 10/28
- PHL- VCE – 10/29
- CLT- CDG – 10/28
- CLT- DUB – 10/28
- CLT- FCO – 10/28
- CLT- LIS – 10/28
- CLT- MAD – 10/02
- ORD – DUB -10/28 (Change from PHL to CLT base on days 1 – 23 due to co-pair with pilots)
Additional Notable Schedule Changes
- PHL-DUB equipment exchange from A330-200 to B757 – 10/29
- Transoceanic International flying includes 5-day trips for both B757 and A330
- PHL-FRA does not operate Tue/Wed
I am not here to tell you this isn’t going to leave a mark, because it is. I am unbelievably disappointed that we were informed ten (10) minutes before the Jetwire release. I am extremely concerned about the amount of premium flying the PHL base has lost. I have been assured we will maintain the same block hours, it will just be different flying.
We will continue to advocate for better pairing construction. The Company is well aware that PHL Flight Attendants are high time flyers, and we intend to continue to fight for additional flying, as well as premium flying opportunities.
In Unity and Solidarity,
APFA PHL Base President
Currently, no scheduled events...