|APFA LAA Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|APFA LUS Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Non-Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Press||Subscribe to APFA’s Press Release|
Monday, September 12, 2016
- VLOA Openings – November 2016 – LUS
- No Domicile Transfers for November – LUS
- October Bidding Timelines – LUS
- Flight Attendant Bidding Resource Center (FABRC)- LUS
VLOA Openings – November 2016 – LUS
The Company is projecting an opportunity to award Voluntary Leaves of Absences (VLOAs) for the month of November 2016. These VLOAs may be available for the November 2016 bid month (effective November 1, 2016) in the following LUS domiciles:
- The VLOA will be without pay
- To be awarded the VLOA, you must be in an available status as of November 1 on the date of the award
- Any scheduled vacation will be paid
- Required training scheduled for the month must be attended and will be compensated accordingly
- Benefits will remain active for the duration of the leave
- Benefit premiums will continue at the active Flight Attendant rate. While on VLOA, Aon Hewitt will send a bill for your upcoming benefit premiums. If benefit premiums were deducted from your paycheck for any portion of the VLOA period, contact Aon Hewitt at 888-860-6178 to ask that these amounts be credited to your account. Any remaining balance due must be paid to Aon Hewitt to maintain coverage
- Failure to make payments past 60 days while on VLOA may result in the termination of coverage (please call the Benefits Center at 888-860-6178 with questions)
- HR Benefits will do an audit of your benefit premiums upon your return to work. If any premiums are outstanding or have been overpaid, they will be processed within two pay periods
- Accruals for both sick and vacation will continue during the period of the leave
- You must coordinate directly with the vendor or Credit Union if any loan payments are being deducted from your paycheck
- This is a voluntary leave and you will remain on active status.
- As a Lineholder, if you have a carry-over trip into the VLOA month and are unable to adjust your schedule via ISAP or ETB, you are responsible for flying that entire trip
- Picking up trips via ETB is not permissible while on the VLOA
All VLOA requests for November 2016 must be submitted electronically via the VLOA Request Form on WINGS prior to the deadline of 12:00 Noon (EST) and 09:00 (MST), Friday, September 23, 2016. Awards will be posted no later than Monday, September 26, 2016.
No Domicile Transfers for November – LUS
There will be no domicile transfers for the November 2016 bid month.
October Bidding Timelines – LUS
Flight Attendant Bidding Resource Center (FABRC)- LUS
Representatives are ready to assist! Call 480-693-8232 or 800-327-0117, option 2, 8
For issues with logging into your account please contact the Membership Department during regular business hours at (817) 540-0108 ext. 8153.
For important or time-sensitive issues regarding contract, scheduling, health, IOD, or other department-related questions please visit the department contact information page to contact the department you need. For immediate assistance please call APFA headquarters at (817) 540-0108
Visit the Contact Us page for general questions or media inquiries.