Thursday, October 20, 2016
2017 Benefits Enrollment
Annual Benefits Enrollment is now open through Friday, October 28th. Access the Benefits Service Center from my.aa.com to:
- Enroll yourself and eligible dependents in your 2017 benefits.
- See what coverage you will have if you don’t enroll by Friday, October 28th at 11:59 p.m. (CT).
- Designate your beneficiaries.
- Print a confirmation statement of your 2017 benefits and related contributions.
Go to http://my.aa.com/en/annual-enrollment and click on ENROLL NOW to get started.
Call the Benefits Service Center at 888-860-6178 with any questions. Representatives are available Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. (CT).
Summary of Benefits and Coverage
Medical Coverage Cost
MetLife Dental Monthly Cost
EyeMed Vision Monthly Cost
Voluntary Insurance Program Offered to APFA Members
APFA members will have an additional opportunity to enroll in a new voluntary insurance program. The products being offered to APFA members by Union Benefit Planners (UBP) for 2017 are:
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Universal Life Insurance with Long-Term Care
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
These voluntary coverage options are not associated with American Airlines or AA Added Benefits. These are individual policies that are portable, therefore, they are not linked to AA automatic payroll deduction. Even if your employment with American Airlines ends, these policies will continue as long as you continue to pay the premiums. No medical questions are required for newly eligible members.
Click on the following link to enroll:
Your Username is your AA Badge Number (padded with zeros in the front to make 9 digits).
Example: If your badge number is 123456, then your username is 000123456.
Your Password is the last 4 digits of your Badge Number.
Example: If your badge number is 123456, then your password is 3456
New Users may receive the message below. Click OK to accept.
Members who are interested in the voluntary options from UBP can also call 855-874-0236 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (CT) Monday through Friday to enroll. The open enrollment period for these voluntary benefits offered by APFA ends on Friday, October 28th.
To add or make changes to your Voluntary Benefits go to AAaddedbenefits.com or call 855-550-0706, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (CT).
- Hyatt Legal Plan
- Group Auto & Home Insurance
- LifeLock Identity Theft Protection
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance (Off-Job-Only Coverage)
- Pet Insurance
Hyatt Legal Plans is a legal services plan that provides legal representation for you, your spouse and dependents. The plan covers services such as preparing a will, buying or selling a home and identity theft defense. American Airlines employees can take advantage of the special group discounted rates – the plan costs $18.98 per month. When you use a Plan Attorney for covered services, there are – no deductibles, no co-payments, no claim forms and no limits on usage.
The Group Auto & Home Program provides:
- Competitive Rates from three national insurance carriers: Liberty Mutual, MetLife Auto & Home and Travelers.
- Convenient payroll deduction that spreads your payments over the policy term into more manageable installments, with no interest charges or service fees.
- Money-saving discounts that could help you reduce your premiums even more.
- Comparative Rater Tool – an easier, quicker way to compare auto quotes.
The experts at LifeLock protect you from identity theft before the damage is done. Monitoring services 24 hours a day, seven days a week help safeguard your information both online and off. You pay premiums by credit card. You can receive up to a 40% discount by using promotion code AAEMP1.
Critical Illness Insurance complements your current medical and disability income coverage. It pays a lump-sum benefit payment that you can use as you see fit if you experience a covered condition and meet the group policy and certificate requirements. Your premium is based on your Issue Age, meaning your initial rate is based on your age at the time your coverage becomes effective and your rates will not increase due to age. You can use the lump-sum payment to cover cost of co-pays, deductibles, mortgage payments and child care as you see fit to help protect your family’s finances. Examples of covered medical conditions include:
- Heart Attack
- Coronary Artery Bypass
- Kidney Failure
- Major Organ Transplant
Some medical plans require you to pay for out-of-network care and treatments, deductibles, co-payments, and more. MetLife’s Accident Insurance (Off-Job-Only Coverage) provides a lump sum payment for over 150 different covered events, such as:
- Eye injuries
- Ruptured Disks
Nationwide Pet Insurance covers a range of pet care services, from wellness care to treatment of significant medical problems. Nationwide offers a special discount on your pet’s insurance policy. And you can save up to 15% if you enroll multiple pets. You are free to visit any veterinarian worldwide, even specialists and emergency providers.
Short-Term Disability/Long-Term Disability
American Airlines offers Short-Term Disability and/or Long-Term Disability options to all Flight Attendants during open enrollment. Depending on your election, you may be required to provide a statement of health (SOH). If a SOH is required, new or increased coverage wil be effective when your SOH is approved by MetLife
Tax Savings Accounts
Don’t forget to take advantage of Health Savings Account (HSA) and the Flexible Spending Account (FSA) to use for your medical, dental and vision expenses. You can also enroll in a Dependent Care FSA.
- Health Savings Account – By enrolling in the Core option, you can contribute on a pre-tax basis to your HSA through payroll deduction. For 2017, the limits are $3,4000 individual and $6,750 family. Employees who are at least 55 years old by the end of 2017 can add up to $1,000 more.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) -Transit Program – You can buy monthly commuter passes on a pre-tax basis for bus and rail travel to and from work, lowering your taxable income, and helping the environment.
- Health Care FSA and Limited Purpose FSA — You can contribute up to $2,550 in 2017 on a pre-tax basis.
- Eligilble for the Standard and Value options only. If you enroll in the Core option, instead of a Health Care FSA, you may contribute to a Limited Purpose FSA, which means you can only use it for dental and vision expenses.
- Dependent Care FSA — You can contribute up to $2,500 per year ($5,000 if you are married and filing jointly) to pay for eligible child and elder care with pre-tax money.
- Up to $500 in unused funds can rollover into the following plan year.
On a Leave of Absence?
If you’re currently enrolled in medical, dental or vision coverage, you may make changes to your medical, dental or vision coverage during Annual Enrollment as long as you are current on your direct bill payments.
If You Don’t Enroll
2016 benefit elections for will carry over, including voluntary benefits, with the following exceptions:
- Health Savings Account (HSA) — You must make a new HSA contribution election each year; however, you may enroll or change your election anytime during the year.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) — You must re-enroll in the Health Care and Dependent Care FSAs each year to continue participating.
Currently, no scheduled events...