|APFA LAA Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|APFA LUS Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Non-Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Press||Subscribe to APFA’s Press Release|
- Mutual Domicile Transfers – LUS
- No Domicile Vacancies for January 2017 – LUS
- VLOA Openings for January 2017 – LUS
- December 2016 Bidding Timeline – LUS
- Flight Attendant Bidding Resource Center (FABRC) – LUS
- Snowball Express – LUS
Mutual Domicile Transfers – LUS
APFA and the Company have reached an agreement to allow mutual base transfers for LUS Flight Attendants. The Company will process Mutual Transfers on a monthly basis following the processing of vacancy transfer requests, if applicable.
The Company will maintain a list of Flight Attendants requesting Mutual Transfers. The requests will be processed in system seniority order.
For Example: 20 PHL Flight Attendants want to transfer to CLT and 35 CLT Flight Attendants want to transfer to PHL. The Company will approve the 20 PHL Flight Attendants and match them to the 20 of the most senior CLT Flight Attendants and swap their bases. The 15 most junior CLT Flight Attendants will be considered in a later month in seniority order of the total requests.
The following are all the possible combinations of base swaps:
- It is NOT necessary to bid all bases when submitting a transfer request.
- All transfer requests will remain on file until either awarded or retracted.
- If you no longer are interested in a base transfer and have a transfer request on file, that request should be retracted.
A Flight Attendant who would like a Mutual Domicile Transfer for must submit a Transfer Request Form via WINGS by 12:00 NOON (EST)/10:00 (MST), Friday, November 18, 2016. The awards effective for the January 2017 bid month will be posted no later than Monday, November 21, 2016.
No Domicile Vacancies for January 2017 – LUS
There are no domicile vacancies available for the January 2017 bid month.
VLOA Openings for January 2017 – LUS
The Company is projecting an opportunity to award Voluntary Leaves of Absences (VLOAs) for the month of January 2017. These VLOAs may be available for the January 2017 bid month (effective January 1, 2017) in the following LUS domiciles:
- The VLOA will be without pay
- To be awarded the VLOA, you must be in an available status as of January 1 on the date of the award
- Any scheduled vacation will be paid
- Required training scheduled for the month must be attended and will be compensated accordingly
- Benefits will remain active for the duration of the leave
- Benefit premiums will continue at the active Flight Attendant rate. While on VLOA, Aon Hewitt will send a bill for your upcoming benefit premiums. If benefit premiums were deducted from your paycheck for any portion of the VLOA period, contact Aon Hewitt at 888-860-6178 to ask that these amounts be credited to your account. Any remaining balance due must be paid to Aon Hewitt to maintain coverage
- Failure to make payments past 60 days while on VLOA may result in the termination of coverage (please call the Benefits Center at 888-860-6178 with questions)
- HR Benefits will do an audit of your benefit premiums upon your return to work. If any premiums are outstanding or have been overpaid, they will be processed within two pay periods
- Accruals for both sick and vacation will continue during the period of the leave
- You must coordinate directly with the vendor or Credit Union if any loan payments are being deducted from your paycheck
- This is a voluntary leave and you will remain on active status.
- As a Lineholder, if you have a carry-over trip into the VLOA month and are unable to adjust your schedule via ISAP or ETB, you are responsible for flying that entire trip
- Picking up trips via ETB is not permissible while on the VLOA
All VLOA requests for January 2017 must be submitted electronically via the VLOA Request Form on WINGS prior to the deadline of 12:00 Noon (EST) and 10:00 (MST), Friday, November 18, 2016. Awards will be posted no later than Monday, November 21, 2016.
December 2016 Bidding Timeline – LUS
Flight Attendant Bidding Resource Center (FABRC) – LUS
Representatives are ready to assist! Call 480-693-8232 or 800-327-0117, option 2, 8
Snowball Express – LUS
Since 2006, the mission of Snowball Express has been to provide hope and new happy memories to the children of military fallen heroes who have died while on active duty since 9/11. Snowball Express brings children together in Dallas, December 11 thru 15 from all over the world for a four-day experience filled with fun activities, like sporting events, dances, amusement parks and more. Parents of children of the fallen often tell us that their child is reserved, withdrawn or unwilling to talk about their loss. Participating in Snowball Express changes that, making each child feel special and giving them an opportunity to share their feelings about losing something so precious, their parent.
American Airlines is donating nine aircraft to provide transportation to families via charters which will be a mix of legacy US Airways and legacy American Airlines mainline and regional aircraft.
- Many charters will pre-position on 10DEC and fly into DFW on 11DEC, while others fly in/out of DFW on 11DEC
- We will return families to their homes on 15DEC
- Non-charter families are flown in on revenue flights via tickets donated by American Airlines
To volunteer to be a part of a Snowball Express charter crew, please do the following:
- Bid accordingly for the month of December – you must be paper legal to fly a charter
- All charter flying is voluntary – no pay and no credit
- Sign-up on the Snowball Express website as a Flight Attendant volunteer
After bids close, if you are available and legal to fly either the incoming or outbound charters, please email the following to email@example.com:
- Employee number
- Phone number
- Home city – where you currently live
- Aircraft qualifications
- Date(s) available (10DEC/11DEC and 15DEC)
All information above must be included to be considered for this volunteer opportunity.
For issues with logging into your account please contact the Membership Department during regular business hours at (817) 540-0108 ext. 8153.
For important or time-sensitive issues regarding contract, scheduling, health, IOD, or other department-related questions please visit the department contact information page to contact the department you need. For immediate assistance please call APFA headquarters at (817) 540-0108
Visit the Contact Us page for general questions or media inquiries.