|APFA LAA Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|APFA LUS Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Non-Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Press||Subscribe to APFA’s Press Release|
- Mutual Domicile Transfers – LUS
- No Domicile Vacancies for February 2017 – LUS
- VLOA Openings for February 2017 – LUS
- Open Time Percentage Increases – December 13 & 14 – LUS
- January 2017 Bidding Timeline – LUS
- Flight Attendant Bidding Resource Center (FABRC) – LUS
Mutual Domicile Transfers – LUS
APFA and the Company have reached an agreement to allow mutual base transfers for LUS Flight Attendants. The Company will process Mutual Transfers on a monthly basis following the processing of vacancy transfer requests, if applicable.
The Company will maintain a list of Flight Attendants requesting Mutual Transfers. The requests will be processed in system seniority order.
For Example: 20 PHL Flight Attendants want to transfer to CLT and 35 CLT Flight Attendants want to transfer to PHL. The Company will approve the 20 PHL Flight Attendants and match them to the 20 of the most senior CLT Flight Attendants and swap their bases. The 15 most junior CLT Flight Attendants will be considered in a later month in seniority order of the total requests.
The following are all the possible combinations of base swaps:
- It is NOT necessary to bid all bases when submitting a transfer request.
- All transfer requests will remain on file until either awarded or retracted.
- If you no longer are interested in a base transfer and have a transfer request on file, that request should be retracted.
A Flight Attendant who would like a Mutual Domicile Transfer for must submit a Transfer Request Form via WINGS by 12:00 NOON (EST)/10:00 (MST), Monday, December 19, 2016. The awards effective for the February 2017 bid month will be posted no later than Tuesday, December 20, 2016.
No Domicile Vacancies for February 2017 – LUS
There are no domicile vacancies available for the February 2017 bid month.
VLOA Openings for February 2017 – LUS
The Company is projecting an opportunity to award Voluntary Leaves of Absences (VLOAs) for the month of February 2017. These VLOAs may be available for the February 2017 bid month (effective January 31, 2017) in the following LUS domiciles:
- The VLOA will be without pay
- To be awarded the VLOA, you must be in an available status as of January 31 on the date of the award
- Any scheduled vacation will be paid
- Required training scheduled for the month must be attended and will be compensated accordingly
- Benefits will remain active for the duration of the leave
- Benefit premiums will continue at the active Flight Attendant rate. While on VLOA, Aon Hewitt will send a bill for your upcoming benefit premiums. If benefit premiums were deducted from your paycheck for any portion of the VLOA period, contact Aon Hewitt at 888-860-6178 to ask that these amounts be credited to your account. Any remaining balance due must be paid to Aon Hewitt to maintain coverage
- Failure to make payments past 60 days while on VLOA may result in the termination of coverage (please call the Benefits Center at 888-860-6178 with questions)
- HR Benefits will do an audit of your benefit premiums upon your return to work. If any premiums are outstanding or have been overpaid, they will be processed within two pay periods
- Accruals for both sick and vacation will continue during the period of the leave
- You must coordinate directly with the vendor or Credit Union if any loan payments are being deducted from your paycheck
- This is a voluntary leave and you will remain on active status.
- As a Lineholder, if you have a carry-over trip into the VLOA month and are unable to adjust your schedule via ISAP or ETB, you are responsible for flying that entire trip
- Picking up trips via ETB is not permissible while on the VLOA
All VLOA requests for February 2017 must be submitted electronically via the VLOA Request Form on WINGS prior to the deadline of 12:00 Noon (EST) and 10:00 (MST), Monday, December 19, 2016. Awards will be posted no later than Tuesday, December 20, 2016.
Open Time Percentage Increases – December 13 & 14 – LUS
The Company has increased the 3% open time limit by an additional 1% for December 13 & 14 in all LUS bases, due to favorable staffing levels. If you have any questions, please contact Daily Scheduling.
January 2017 Bidding Timeline – LUS
Flight Attendant Bidding Resource Center (FABRC) – LUS
Representatives are ready to assist! Call 480-693-8232 or 800-327-0117, option 2, 8