|APFA LAA Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|APFA LUS Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Non-Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Press||Subscribe to APFA’s Press Release|
February 2017 Bidding Information – LUS
- Vacation Buyback – LUS
- 2017 Payroll Dates – LUS
February 2017 Bidding Information – LUS
February 2017 Pairing Percentages
* Flight Attendant Transoceanic International pairings shall be constructed in accordance with Pilot pairing construction rules, provided in no event shall such TI pairings exceed six (6) consecutive calendar days.
February 2017 Bidding Timelines
• February 2017 Training Bid Opens: January 2 – 1100 EST / 0900 MST
• February 2017 Training Bid Closes: January 8 – 1100 EST / 0900 MST
• February 2017 Training Bid Awarded: January 8 – 1400 EST/ 1200 MST
• Awards posted in CATS: January 8 – 1700 EST / 1500 MST
Recurrent Training (CQT) Quick Reference Guide via WINGS
• February 2017 PBS Bidding Opens: January 10 – 1100 EST / 0900 MST
• February 2017 PBS Bidding Closes: January 16 – 1100 EST / 0900 MST
• February 2017 PBS Bids Awarded: January 18 – 1100 EST / 0900 MST
• Awards posted in CATS: January 19 – 1100 EST / 0900 MST
PBS Mis-awards Due to System or Company Error:
• Any Flight Attendant who has an inquiry or believes she/he may have received a mis-award shall notify the Flight Attendant Bidding Resource Center (FABRC) no later than the 1200 on the 23rd of the month, or, if on vacation, within twenty-four (24) hours of return from her/his vacation.
Electronic Trade Board (ETB):
• February 2017 ETB Opens: January 19 – 1100 EST / 0900 MST
Reserve Assignment – Daily Process:
• Open for January 31 Bids: January 23 – 1500 Home Base Time
• Closed for Processing: January 30 – 1500 Home Base Time
• January 31 results posted: January 30 – 1930 Home Base Time
Reserve Trading Days Off – Daily Process:
• Open for February Bids: January 24 – 0600 Home Base Time
• Closed for processing: January 29 – 2000 Home Base Time
• Re-opens: January 30 – 0600 Home Base Time
Iterative Schedule Adjustment Process (ISAP) – Daily Process:
• February 2017 ISAP Opens: January 24 – 0600 Home Base Time
• Closes for Processing: January 29 – 2000 Home Base Time
• February 2017 ISAP Re-opens: January 30 – 0600 Home Base Time
• March 2017 trading window closes: January 31 – 1100 EST / 0900 MST
Vacation Filler Day Process for March 2017:
• Open for Bidding: January 11 – 2300 EST / 2100 MST
• Closed for Processing: January 18 – 2300 EST / 2100 MST
• Awards Published: January 19 –2300 EST / 2100 MST
Vacation Extension (VEX) Requests for March 2017:
• Opens – January 19
• Closes – January 31
Submit via VEX Form on Wings – Flight Service – Lines & Pairings (Bidding) page
A Flight Attendant who is scheduled for a continuous vacation block of at least seven (7) days, may elect to place up to a total of four (4) days off BEFORE or AFTER, or SPLIT on either side of such vacation. The days off will act as a pre-planned absence and will carry NO pay or credit. Such days off will be counted toward the Reserve’s scheduled Golden Days. Such block of four (4) days, or portion thereof, may be extended into the next bid period.
March 2017 Vacation Rebid:
• Open for Bidding: January 1 – 2300 EST / 2100 MST
• Closes for Processing: January 10 – 2300 EST / 2100 MST
• Awards Published: January 11 – 2300 EST / 2100 MST
The following Vacation days are open for the March 2017 Monthly Rebid (MRB):
The CATCREW screens are:
- Option 45 – Monthly Rebid Update
- Option 46 – Monthly Rebid Display
Enter your bids in the Update screens using the standard American date format MMDDYY. Review and print your protective bids from the Display screens. Always read the message at bottom of the screen after you enter data.
If you have any questions, please call Flight Attendant Vacations at 800-327-0117, option 2, 5, 3, Monday-Friday, excluding holidays.
Flight Attendant Bidding Resource Center (FABRC):
• Representatives are ready to assist! Call 480-693-8232 or 800-327-0117, option 2, 8
Vacation Buyback – LUS
Prior to the annual vacation bid and establishment of the vacation matrix, Vacation Buyback will be awarded by crew base in seniority order to all Flight Attendants.
If you elect to buyback vacation days, those days will be removed from the number of days which you may be awarded/assigned during the annual vacation bid and award. Vacation buyback days are pay no credit and will be paid in June 2017. Active status is not required to participate in the buyback.
Vacation accrued in 2016 will be available for the annual buyback process for the 2017-2018 fiscal year, according to this bid period timeline:
Annual Vacation Buyback:
• Opens: January 8 – 1300 EST / 1100 MST
• Closes: January 22 – 1300 EST / 1100 MST
• Awards: January 28 – 1300 EST / 1100 MST
Access Vacation Buyback bidding in the Crew Portal under Vacations. The steps to complete a buyback bid are available in the Flight Attendant Annual Vacation Buyback Guide on WINGS. A Quick Reference Guide is also available in the Flight Service/Annual Vacation section of WINGS.
Contact Vacations Administration at 1-800-327-0117, options 2, 5, 3 with any questions.
2017 Payroll Dates – LUS
2014 JCBA Section 3.N. – MONTHLY METHOD OF PAY
A Flight Attendants’ pay on the thirtieth (30th) of the month shall be equal to thirty-seven and one-half (37.5) hours (one-half of Reserve Guarantee). The balance of pay due will be paid on the fifteenth (15th) of the following month.
If the thirtieth (30th) pay date falls on a weekend or a banking holiday, the pay date will become the preceding business day. If the fifteenth (15th) falls on a weekend or banking holiday, the pay date will become the following business day.
For issues with logging into your account please contact the Membership Department during regular business hours at (817) 540-0108 ext. 8153.
For important or time-sensitive issues regarding contract, scheduling, health, IOD, or other department-related questions please visit the department contact information page to contact the department you need. For immediate assistance please call APFA headquarters at (817) 540-0108
Visit the Contact Us page for general questions or media inquiries.