|APFA LAA Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|APFA LUS Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Non-Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Press||Subscribe to APFA’s Press Release|
- Domicile Vacancies for March 2017 – LUS
- Mutual Domicile Transfers – LUS
- VLOA Openings for March 2017 – LUS
- Vacation Buyback – LUS
- Headcounts by Base – LAA/LUS
- February 2017 Bidding Timeline – LUS
- Flight Attendant Bidding Resource Center (FABRC) – LUS
Domicile Vacancies for March 2017 – LUS
Depending on the number of Flight Attendants that elect to transfer, positions may need to be back-filled as a result of the bid.
All transfer requests will remain on file until either awarded or retracted. If you no longer are interested in a base transfer and have a transfer request on file, that request should be retracted.
Flight Attendants wishing to change their domicile must submit a transfer form via WINGS by 12:00 NOON (EST)/10:00 AM (MST), Wednesday, January 18, 2017. The awards will be posted no later than Thursday, January 19, 2017
Mutual Domicile Transfers – LUS
Mutual Transfers will be processsed following the processing of vacancy transfer requests, if applicable.
The Company will maintain a list of Flight Attendants requesting Mutual Transfers. The requests will be processed in system seniority order.
For Example: 20 PHL Flight Attendants want to transfer to CLT and 35 CLT Flight Attendants want to transfer to PHL. The Company will approve the 20 PHL Flight Attendants and match them to the 20 of the most senior CLT Flight Attendants and swap their bases. The 15 most junior CLT Flight Attendants will be considered in a later month in seniority order of the total requests.
The following are all the possible combinations of base swaps:
- It is NOT necessary to bid all bases when submitting a transfer request.
- All transfer requests will remain on file until either awarded or retracted.
- If you no longer are interested in a base transfer and have a transfer request on file, that request should be retracted.
A Flight Attendant who would like a Mutual Domicile Transfer for must submit a Transfer Request Form via WINGS by 12:00 NOON (EST)/10:00 (MST), Wednesday, January 18, 2017. The awards effective for the March 2017 bid month will be posted no later than Thursday, January 19, 2017.
VLOA Openings for March 2017 – LUS
The Company is projecting an opportunity to award Voluntary Leaves of Absences (VLOAs) for the month of March 2017. These VLOAs may be available for the March 2017 bid month (effective March 2, 2017) in the following LUS domiciles:
- The VLOA will be without pay
- To be awarded the VLOA, you must be in an available status as of March 2 on the date of the award
- Any scheduled vacation will be paid
- Required training scheduled for the month must be attended and will be compensated accordingly
- Benefits will remain active for the duration of the leave
- Benefit premiums will continue at the active Flight Attendant rate. While on VLOA, Aon Hewitt will send a bill for your upcoming benefit premiums. If benefit premiums were deducted from your paycheck for any portion of the VLOA period, contact Aon Hewitt at 888-860-6178 to ask that these amounts be credited to your account. Any remaining balance due must be paid to Aon Hewitt to maintain coverage
- Failure to make payments past 60 days while on VLOA may result in the termination of coverage (please call the Benefits Center at 888-860-6178 with questions)
- HR Benefits will do an audit of your benefit premiums upon your return to work. If any premiums are outstanding or have been overpaid, they will be processed within two pay periods
- Accruals for both sick and vacation will continue during the period of the leave
- You must coordinate directly with the vendor or Credit Union if any loan payments are being deducted from your paycheck
- This is a voluntary leave and you will remain on active status.
- As a Lineholder, if you have a carry-over trip into the VLOA month and are unable to adjust your schedule via ISAP or ETB, you are responsible for flying that entire trip
- Picking up trips via ETB is not permissible while on the VLOA
All VLOA requests for March 2017 must be submitted electronically via the VLOA Request Form on WINGS prior to the deadline of 12:00 Noon (EST) and 10:00 (MST), Sunday, January 22, 2017. Awards will be posted no later than Monday, January 23, 2017.
Vacation Buyback – LUS
Prior to the annual vacation bid and establishment of the vacation matrix, Vacation Buyback will be awarded by crew base in seniority order to all LUS Flight Attendants.
If you elect to buyback vacation days, those days will be removed from the number of days which you may be awarded/assigned during the annual vacation bid and award. Vacation buyback days are pay no credit and will be paid in June 2017. Active status is not required to participate in the buyback.
Vacation accrued in 2016 will be available for the annual buyback process for the 2017-2018 fiscal year, according to this bid period timeline:
Annual Vacation Buyback:
• Closes: Sunday, January 22 – 1300 EST / 1100 MST
• Awarded: Saturday, January 28 – 1300 EST / 1100 MST
Access Vacation Buyback bidding in the Crew Portal under Vacations. The steps to complete a buyback bid are available in the Flight Attendant Annual Vacation Buyback Guide on WINGS. A Quick Reference Guide is also available in the Flight Service/Annual Vacation section of WINGS.
Contact Vacations Administration at 1-800-327-0117, options 2, 5, 3 with any questions.
Headcounts by Base – LAA/LUS
February 2017 Bidding Timeline – LUS
Flight Attendant Bidding Resource Center (FABRC) – LUS
Representatives are ready to assist! Call 480-693-8232 or 800-327-0117, option 2, 8