|APFA LAA Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|APFA LUS Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Non-Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Press||Subscribe to APFA’s Press Release|
Friday, January 27, 2017
Valentines Day Picketing Events – LAA/LUS
The Company announced today pre-tax profits of $5.1 billion for 2016, making it the second most profitable year in American’s history. This is great news for shareholders and executives, but front-line employees and customers are still waiting for their fair share.
To commemorate the fourth anniversary of the announcement of the merger, APFA will conduct Valentine’s Day picketing next month at AA headquarters in Dallas Fort Worth as well as airports at CLT and LAX to protest the broken promises made to employees and customers prior to the merger.
Without the support of labor, the merger would not have happened. We were promised a relatively quick integration and a share in the synergies created by the merge, neither of which has happened, resulting in a substandard product for customers and a continued source of tension for front-line employees.
While we, once again, wait for an arbitrator to decide our collective worth, we call on American Airlines to make good on their pre-merger promise to end the toxic culture between employees and management. This starts with a commitment to invest the resources necessary to end the plethora of problems plaguing our segregated workgroup including:
- Record high profits and executive compensation while Flight Attendants lag the industry in pay
- Uniforms that are suspected of causing serious reactions in a growing number of our members
- Fatigue inducing trips and horrendous bid sheets
- Frequent IT meltdowns affecting bidding, scheduling, and operational systems
- Administrative snafus and errors that affect our paychecks
- Substandard hotels & transportation
- A non-fully implemented contract with no definitive timelines for Full Operational Integration
- Ever-growing reserve lists and related legality issues
- Increased reassignments & reschedules
- Crew tracking incompetence
In addition to our main focus on AA Headquarters at DFW, the APFA Board of Directors decided to conduct picketing at select bases on each coast (LAX & CLT) in an effort to heighten media exposure and provide Flight Attendants with additional opportunities to participate.
Save the date and join us at a base near you to express your displeasure and call on management to step up their game and make good on their promise to run a world class airline that truly values its people.
For issues with logging into your account please contact the Membership Department during regular business hours at (817) 540-0108 ext. 8153.
For important or time-sensitive issues regarding contract, scheduling, health, IOD, or other department-related questions please visit the department contact information page to contact the department you need. For immediate assistance please call APFA headquarters at (817) 540-0108
Visit the Contact Us page for general questions or media inquiries.