|APFA LAA Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|APFA LUS Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Non-Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Press||Subscribe to APFA’s Press Release|
February 10, 2017
Event: APFA Valentine’s Day Picketing
Date: Tuesday, February 14, 2017
Locations & Times:
- American Airlines Headquarters – 4333 Ammon Carter Blvd, Fort Worth, TX (11:00am – 3:00pm CT)
- Charlotte/Douglas International Airport (11:00am – 2:00pm ET)
- Los Angeles International Airport, Terminal 4, Departure Level (11:00am – 3:00pm PT)
- Miami International Airport, Terminal D, Upper Level (1:00pm – 4:30pm ET)
Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX – To commemorate the 4th anniversary of the announcement of the merger between American Airlines and US Airways, Flight Attendants of American Airlines represented by the Association of Professional Flight Attendants (APFA) will conduct Valentine’s Day picketing at American Airlines Headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas as well as airports at Charlotte, Los Angeles, and Miami in protest of the broken promises made to employees and customers prior to the merger.
Unions were promised a relatively quick integration and a share in the synergies created by the merge, neither of which has happened, resulting in a substandard product for customers and a continued source of tension for front-line employees.
Some of the points of contention among Flight Attendants are:
- Record high profits and executive compensation while flight attendants lag the industry in pay
- 4 years and counting and still no fully implemented contract
- Fatigue inducing trips generated by a computerized optimizer that ignores the “human factor”, affecting quality of life, health and safety
- Uniforms that are suspected of causing serious reactions in a growing number of our members
- Frequent IT issues and meltdowns that shut down bidding and scheduling systems, resulting in unnecessary staffing shortages, cancelations, and inconveniences to passengers and crews
- No firm timeline for integrating technical operations
“American’s Flight Attendants were instrumental in making this merger possible and it’s high time that the new management team starts making good on its pre-merger promise to end the toxic labor relations and run a world class airline.”
–APFA President Bob Ross
For issues with logging into your account please contact the Membership Department during regular business hours at (817) 540-0108 ext. 8153.
For important or time-sensitive issues regarding contract, scheduling, health, IOD, or other department-related questions please visit the department contact information page to contact the department you need. For immediate assistance please call APFA headquarters at (817) 540-0108
Visit the Contact Us page for general questions or media inquiries.