February 11, 2017
*Valentine’s Day Picketing Event*
14 February from 1100 – 1500 CT
AA HDQ Centreport – 4333 Amon Carter Blvd.
(Sidewalk Between HDQ 1 and HDQ 2)
APFA will provide transportation between
DFW Airport and HDQ every 30 minutes
beginning at 1000 until 1400 CT
Pickup: Upper Level Terminal D at
the end of terminal near gate 1.
Also picking up at
Trinity Rail Express-Centreport Station
(Look for a Dodge Van with APFA Signage)
Signs will be provided at the event.
To commemorate the fourth anniversary of the announcement of the merger, APFA will conduct Valentine’s Day picketing on February 14th at AA headquarters in Dallas Fort Worth as well as airports at CLT, MIA and LAX to protest the broken promises made to employees and customers prior to the merger. Listed below are talking points regarding the purpose of this event:
- Record high profits and executive compensation while Flight Attendants lag the industry in pay
- Uniforms that are suspected of causing serious reactions in a growing number of our members
- Fatigue inducing trips and horrendous bid sheets
- Frequent IT meltdowns affecting bidding, scheduling, and operational systems
- Administrative snafus and errors that affect our paychecks
- Substandard hotels & transportation
- A non-fully implemented contract with no definitive timelines for Full Operational Integration
- Ever-growing reserve lists and related legality issues
- Frequent reassignments and reschedules resulting from lack of competent crew resource management.
Please join us Tuesday, February 14th from 11:00am – 3:00pm as we make our voices heard. We look forward to seeing you there.
APFA DFW Base President