Friday, March 3, 2017
DCA Management Meeting
This week, your Base Leadership met with the new Flight Service Vice President Jill Surdek, Managing Director of Flight Service & Operations Laurie Lofgren, Regional Director Wendy Stockton, Managing Director of Flight Service Delivery John Romantic, and DCA Base Manager Ron MacGillivary.
Although there obviously is never enough time to cover all of the Flight Attendant’s concerns; Christine, John, and I along with DCA-LAA Base President Robert Valenta and Vice President Tim Weston relayed many of your top frustrations.
- Systems Scheduling issues; more training and staffing needed. *
- The lack of a designated Hotel Limo Desk for LUS FAs. *
- Uniforms *
- Systemwide Base Transfers
- Attendance and Dependability Program
- Expanding KCM Hours in DCA
- Trip Construction; long duty days, shortened turn times
- DCA Flying and Hiring
- Missing IDs Procedure to mirror LAA. *
- Revamping FA Recognition Programs
- Aggressive Agents
- Streamlining Aircraft Configurations
- Revisiting Procedural Changes
- Employee Morale
*Denotes DCA Base Notice of Disputes “NODs” or Presidential Grievances “PGs” have already been filed.
This was a productive meeting. We will continue to monitor these and many other areas that need attention based on your feedback.
3-Hour Call Out for Reserves and Blockholders Trips on UBL/AIB
Effective 3/2/17, the Co-Terminal Language from Section 12. H in the Joint Collective Bargaining Agreement “JCBA” went into effect for both DCA and IAD Flying.
OPR Morning Shift Change Coming
On 3/7/17, Pairing #10530 will be a 6-hour shift from 0530-1130, and pays 5:15.
Annual APFA Board of Directors Convention in St. Louis
Christine, John, and I will be at the BOD from 5th-10th. We will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible. You may also call the APFA National Office for assistance.
In Strength and Solidarity,
APFA DCA-LUS Base President
Currently, no scheduled events...