|APFA LAA Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|APFA LUS Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Non-Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Press||Subscribe to APFA’s Press Release|
Friday, March 31, 2017
- Wage Adjustment Arbitration Update – LAA/LUS
- Tragic Loss of First Officer Mike Grubbs – LAA/LUS
- Newly Elected Base Representatives – LAA/LUS
- New Regional Rep Appointed for DFW – LAA/LUS
- Option to use PVDs Extended for FAs Impacted by Stella – LAA
Wage Adjustment Arbitration Update – LAA/LUS
As stated in a previous hotline following the Wage Adjustment Arbitration hearing in January, the arbitration panel advised both parties that despite the NPA provision that calls for a decision within 30 days, a ruling could take longer (approximately 90 days) due to the complexities of the case and the compelling testimonies entered by both sides.
Based on that timeline, we expect a ruling in April and will immediately advise the membership when a decision is rendered. Any award will be retroactive to September 1st, 2016 when the United JCBA went into effect.
Tragic Loss of First Officer Mike Grubbs – LAA/LUS
It is with great sadness that we inform you of the sudden death of First Officer Mike Grubbs who passed away on Wednesday evening after a medical episode while operating Flight 1353 from DFW to ABQ. APFA offers our prayers and condolences to First Officer Grubbs’ loved ones and our fellow AA colleagues.
APFA recognizes that the death of a co-worker can have a significant impact on those in the workplace. There is an element of “family” when a crew-member passes away. Your well being is our first concern and grief is a natural response to loss. The single most important factor in healing from loss is having the support of other people. Sharing your loss makes the burden of grief easier to carry.
For CONFIDENTIAL ASSISTANCE, contact CIRT at (800) 998-8194. Also, you may call the EAP Department at (817) 540-0108 ext. 8701 or email at email@example.com.
If you need immediate assistance, you can also reach National EAP Specialist Abby Alconcher at (415) 786-8576. All voice mail messages will be returned as promptly as possible and will remain confidential.
APFA National EAP Specialist
Newly Elected Base Representatives – LAA/LUS
APFA welcomes all newly elected Base Presidents, Base Vice Presidents, and Base Council Reps who will be taking office on April 1st. The following Base Presidents and Vice Presidents will serve through March 31, 2019. (Newly elected representatives are indicated by an asterisk (*).)
** The DCA-US Base Vice President will be appointed by the DCA-US Base President and the SFO Base Vice President will be appointed by the SFO Base President.
New Regional Rep Appointed for DFW – LAA/LUS
APFA welcomes Neil Fernandez to the Systems Board of Adjustment team. This week, the Executive Committee approved his appointment to Regional Representative for Region 2. Neil will be replacing Maureen Walsh-Martin as the Regional Rep for DFW after her election as DFW Base President effective April 1st.
Option to use PVDs Extended for FAs Impacted by Stella – LAA
LAA Flight Attendants based at BOS, DCA, and LGA who were impacted by winter storm Stella March 13-15, 2017, can have missed trips and late reports excused. The following information explains Interim Pay Protection (IPP) as well as a special PVD option in cases where pay protection doesn’t apply:
- If you have not already contacted your FSM, the option to use PVDs has been extended to April 5, 2017.
- If you experienced a misconnection, illegality, or cancellation (MIC) as a result of the storm, you will receive sequence protection if you followed IPP procedures.
- Those who incurred a MIC as a result of the storm and did not follow IPP procedures, you have the option to use PVD’s to partially recover lost time.
- Those Flight Attendants who took POs/PUs as a result of the storm will have the option of converting those days to PVDs. Please contact your FSM no later than April 5, 2017 to exercise this option. Such PVDs will be paid at the daily rate and are subject to the annual limitation of six (6) days.
Note: AVBL Flight Attendants who had a TM, PO, or used a PVD, will have an incremental reduction to their PPROJ.
For issues with logging into your account please contact the Membership Department during regular business hours at (817) 540-0108 ext. 8153.
For important or time-sensitive issues regarding contract, scheduling, health, IOD, or other department-related questions please visit the department contact information page to contact the department you need. For immediate assistance please call APFA headquarters at (817) 540-0108
Visit the Contact Us page for general questions or media inquiries.