|APFA LAA Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|APFA LUS Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Non-Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Press||Subscribe to APFA’s Press Release|
Wednesday, May 10, 2017
- Retroactive 1.6% Pay Increase to be Paid on June 1, 2017 – LAA/LUS
- General Pay Increase Effective for May 2017 Bid Month – LAA/LUS
Retroactive 1.6% Pay Increase to be Paid on June 1, 2017 – LAA/LUS
The Company announced today that the 1.6% wage adjustment awarded in arbitration will be paid in a lump sum on June 1, 2017. The payment is retroactive to September 1, 2016 and will be paid in a special paycheck to cover the difference between what you were already paid (September 2016 through March 2017) and the 1.6% increase. The new pay rates that went into effect on January 1, 2017 along with any anniversary date pay step increases during those seven (7) months will be used in the calculation of your lump sum check.
- The lump sum payment will be eligible for the company contribution and/or match, but it is not special election eligible. Your regular election on file will be deducted from this check.
- APFA union dues will not be deducted from the check.
- Insurance premiums will not be deducted from the check.
- The payment will be taxed at normal (not supplemental) rates.
The 1.6% increase due for April 2017 will be trued up for LUS Flight Attendants and reflected in their May 15th paycheck and for LAA Flight Attendants in their May 31st paycheck.
General Pay Increase Effective for May 2017 Bid Month – LAA/LUS
Flight Attendants who have checked ePays on Jetnet may have noticed that the pay increases effective for the May 2017 bid month are not yet showing. The Company has stated that due to IT/payroll issues, they were unable to include both the 1.6% increase and the general increase in the May 15th and 30th paychecks.
Instead, they will retroactively include the new pay rates for May in the June 15th paycheck for LUS and the June 30th paycheck for LAA.
For example: If you are at the top of the pay-scale as of May 2nd, your pay rate is $64.96.Your May 15th and 30th checks will reflect a pay rate of $62.33. The difference is $2.63. If you fly 85 hours, $2.63 x 85 is $223.55. That amount will be retroactively included in the June 30th paycheck for LAA and the June 15th paycheck for LUS.
Timetable for 1.6% & General Pay Increases: