|APFA LAA Members
||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|APFA LUS Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Non-Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Press||Subscribe to APFA’s Press Release|
Friday, July 21, 2017
- Cabin Air Safety Act – LAA/LUS
- VLOA Openings for September 2017 – LUS
- VLOA Awards for August 2017 – LAA
- Uniform Reaction Report Update – LAA/LUS
Cabin Air Safety Act – LAA/LUS
APFA recently endorsed a bill introduced by Connecticut Senator Richard Blumenthal that addresses the growing problem of toxic fume events on airplanes. The Cabin Air Safety Act of 2017 would:
- Mandate training regarding toxic fumes on aircraft.
- Require the FAA to record and monitor reports of fume events.
- Ensure that investigations occur.
- Direct airline manufacturers and air carriers to install carbon monoxide sensors on aircraft.
VLOA Openings for September 2017 – LUS
The Company is projecting an opportunity to award Voluntary Leaves of Absences (VLOAs) for the month of September 2017. These VLOAs may be available for the September 2017 bid month (effective August 31st, 2017) in the following LUS domiciles:
- The VLOA will be without pay
- To be awarded the VLOA, you must be in an available status as of August 31 on the date of the award
- Any scheduled vacation will be paid
- Required training scheduled for the month must be attended and will be compensated accordingly
- Benefits will remain active for the duration of the leave
- Benefit premiums will continue at the active Flight Attendant rate. While on VLOA, Aon Hewitt will send a bill for your upcoming benefit premiums. If benefit premiums were deducted from your paycheck for any portion of the VLOA period, contact Aon Hewitt at 888-860-6178 to ask that these amounts be credited to your account. Any remaining balance due must be paid to Aon Hewitt to maintain coverage
- Failure to make payments past 60 days while on VLOA may result in the termination of coverage (please call the Benefits Center at 888-860-6178 with questions)
- HR Benefits will do an audit of your benefit premiums upon your return to work. If any premiums are outstanding or have been overpaid, they will be processed within two pay periods
- Accruals for both sick and vacation will continue during the period of the leave
- You must coordinate directly with the vendor or Credit Union if any loan payments are being deducted from your paycheck
- This is a voluntary leave and you will remain on active status.
- As a Lineholder, if you have a carry-over trip into the VLOA month and are unable to adjust your schedule via ISAP or ETB, you are responsible for flying that entire trip
- Reserves awarded the VLOA will not receive a reserve line for the month
- Working special assignments (COM) while on VLOA is not permissible
- Picking up trips via ETB is not permissible while on the VLOA
All VLOA requests for September 2017 must be submitted electronically via the VLOA Request Form on WINGS prior to the deadline of 12:00 Noon (EST) and 10:00 (MST), Friday, July 28, 2017. Awards will be posted no later than Monday, July 31, 2017.
VLOA Awards for August 2017 – LAA
Voluntary Leave of Absence awards for LAA for the August 2017 Bid Month are posted on Jentnet.
Uniform Reaction Report Update – LAA/LUS
Please continue to utilize the Uniform Reaction Report Form on the APFA website if you experience a suspected reaction to your uniform.
For issues with logging into your account please contact the Membership Department during regular business hours at (817) 540-0108 ext. 8153.
For important or time-sensitive issues regarding contract, scheduling, health, IOD, or other department-related questions please visit the department contact information page to contact the department you need. For immediate assistance please call APFA headquarters at (817) 540-0108
Visit the Contact Us page for general questions or media inquiries.