|APFA LAA Members
||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|APFA LUS Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Non-Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Press||Subscribe to APFA’s Press Release|
Monday, August 14, 2017
- Flight Attendant Counts By Base – LAA/LUS
- VLOAs Offered for October – LUS
- No Domicile Transfer Openings for October 2017 – LUS
- Mutual Domicile Transfers – LUS
- September 2017 Transfer Awards – LUS
- September PBS Bidding Timeline – LUS
- August FABRC Hours – LUS
Flight Attendant Counts By Base – LAA/LUS
Voluntary Leave of Absences (VLOAs) Offered for October – LUS
The Company is projecting an opportunity to award Voluntary Leaves of Absence (VLOA) for the month of October 2017. These VLOAs may be available for the October bid month (effective Oct. 1, 2017) in the following domiciles:
CLT DCA PHL PHX
All VLOA requests for October 2017 must be submitted electronically via Wings on the Forms page (Wings>Flight Service>Forms>Leaves of Absence) prior to the deadline of 12 noon (EST) and 10 a.m. (MST), Wednesday, Aug. 23, 2017. Awards will be posted no later than Thursday, Aug. 24, 2017.
Please note the following items regarding the terms of the VLOA award:
- The VLOA will be without pay
- To be awarded the VLOA, you must be in an available status as of October 1 on the date of the award
- Any scheduled vacation will be paid
- Required training scheduled for the month must be attended and will be compensated accordingly
- Benefits will remain active for the duration of the leave
- Benefit premiums will continue at the active flight attendant rate. While on VLOA, Aon Hewitt will send a bill for your upcoming benefit premiums. If benefit premiums were deducted from your paycheck for any portion of the VLOA period, contact Aon Hewitt at 888-860-6178 to ask that these amounts be credited to your account. Any remaining balance due must be paid to Aon Hewitt to maintain coverage
- Failure to make payments past 60 days while on VLOA may result in the termination of coverage (please call the Benefits Center at 888-860-6178 with questions)
- HR Benefits will do an audit of your benefit premiums upon your return to work. If any premiums are outstanding or have been overpaid, they will be processed within two pay periods
- Accruals for both sick and vacation will continue during the period of the leave
- You must coordinate directly with the vendor or Credit Union if any loan payments are being deducted from your paycheck
- This is a voluntary leave and you will remain on active status. Therefore, the company will contest unemployment claims
- As a lineholder, if you have a lead-in trip into the VLOA month and are unable to adjust your schedule via ISAP or ETB, you are responsible for flying that entire trip
- Reserves awarded the VLOA will not receive a reserve line for the month
- Working special assignments (COM) while on VLOA is not permissible
- Picking up trips via ETB is not permissible while on the VLOA
No Domicile Transfer Openings for October 2017 – LUS
Reciprocal transfers only will be offered for the October bid month.
Mutual Domicile Transfers – LUS
Mutual Transfers will be processed following the processing of vacancy transfer requests, if applicable.
The Company will maintain a list of Flight Attendants requesting Mutual Transfers. The requests will be processed in system seniority order.
For Example: 20 PHL Flight Attendants want to transfer to CLT and 35 CLT Flight Attendants want to transfer to PHL. The Company will approve the 20 PHL Flight Attendants and match them to the 20 of the most senior CLT Flight Attendants and swap their bases. The 15 most junior CLT Flight Attendants will be considered in a later month in seniority order of the total requests.
The following are all the possible combinations of base swaps:
- It is NOT necessary to bid all bases when submitting a transfer request.
- All transfer requests will remain on file until either awarded or retracted.
- If you no longer are interested in a base transfer and have a transfer request on file, that request should be retracted.
A Flight Attendant wishing to change their domicile must submit a Transfer Request Form via WINGS by 12:00 NOON (EDT)/09:00 (MST), Sunday, Aug 20, 2017. The awards will be posted no later than Monday, Aug 21, 2017.
September 2017 Transfer Awards – LUS
September 2017 PBS Bidding Timeline – LUS
Flight Attendant Bidding Resource Center – LUS
Please note the new phone number for the Flight Attendant Bidding Resource Center (FABRC): 1-800-327-0117, option 5