|APFA LAA Members
||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|APFA LUS Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Non-Members||Subscribe to the APFA Hotline|
|Press||Subscribe to APFA’s Press Release|
Tuesday, September 5, 2017
Last week, APFA met with management to protest the Company’s plan to declare Flight Attendant Operational Integration (FOI) before it has satisfied the contractual conditions of FOI.
It was our hope that this meeting would result in a mutual understanding that the JCBA language, as written, does not provide for the unilateral change of the definition of FOI or the plan to indefinitely perpetuate the distinction between “PBS” and “non-PBS” bases. Unfortunately, management continues to hold to its stated plan to abandon the contractual meaning of FOI and replace it with one of its own creation.
To that end, APFA filed a Presidential Grievance on behalf of the membership demanding the following relief:
- The Company immediately cease and desist from carrying out the Plan;
- At the point in time when PBS is implemented at LAA, the Company will integrate LUS Flight Attendants into FOS under a common scheduling platform, the JCBA will become the only contract in effect for all Flight Attendants, and FOI will occur;
- The Company shall otherwise comply in full with the JCBA;
- The grievance be handled on an expedited basis so that once it is sustained, the JCBA can become the exclusive agreement for all Flight Attendants as quickly as possible; and
- Any other relief deemed appropriate by the System Board.
It is important to understand that APFA has a fiduciary responsibility to enforce the JCBA. APFA would set a dangerous precedent if it failed to challenge the Company’s attempt to violate it.
Any changes to the current contract must come through mutual agreement of both parties, and APFA is committed to upholding this basic tenet of collective bargaining.
As we move through the grievance process, be assured that APFA will do everything in its power to enforce the existing contract.
APFA National President
For issues with logging into your account please contact the Membership Department during regular business hours at (817) 540-0108 ext. 8153.
For important or time-sensitive issues regarding contract, scheduling, health, IOD, or other department-related questions please visit the department contact information page to contact the department you need. For immediate assistance please call APFA headquarters at (817) 540-0108
Visit the Contact Us page for general questions or media inquiries.