Pay Protection for Last 5 Days of the Month (excludes Reserves) – LAA
As a reminder, Flight Attendants should be familiar with the following parameters when looking to pay protect during the last 5 days of the month:
- Pay protection:After sign in, Crew Schedule has the same options as MIC – deadhead, reschedule, hold at the airport, or release
- Does not include carry-over time
- To qualify for pay protection, FA must:
- Add name to MU list for each DOSTF (day originally scheduled to fly). This includes the original footprint of trip plus 8 hours.
- Submit a HISEND MU message for each DOSTF. Must include “plot to protect”
- Participate in each HISEND MU round until obligation is fulfilled – one trip flown will fulfill obligation
- Obligation extends until the earlier of 8 hours after originally scheduled trip sequence termination or midnight last day of the contractual month (if DOSTF + 8 hours extends past midnight last day of scheduled trip, FA must be on MU list the additional day)
- FA may opt to participate in subsequent MU/II/CC proffer rounds and will not forfeit protection if FA passes or is unable to be reached at time of proffer
- See Make-Up HISEND requests on page 25
- If FA elects to opt out of pay protection:If LO assigned trip for Last 5 Day Pay Protection cancels, FA has no further obligation and pay will be protected
- Pay for last trip is forfeited
- Pay Projection (PPROJ) may be incrementally reduced by the value of the lost trip
- If LO assigned trip for Last 5 Day Pay Protection cancels, FA has no further obligation and pay will be protected
APFA National Scheduling Chair
For issues with logging into your account please contact the Membership Department during regular business hours at (817) 540-0108 ext. 8153.
For important or time-sensitive issues regarding contract, scheduling, health, IOD, or other department-related questions please visit the department contact information page to contact the department you need. For immediate assistance please call APFA headquarters at (817) 540-0108
Visit the Contact Us page for general questions or media inquiries.