- Hourly Pay Rate Increase – LUS/LAA
- 401(k) Catch Up Contribution Reset for 2018 – LAA/LUS
- Vacation Buyback Window – LUS
- Special EC Meeting Minutes – LAA/LUS
- Holiday Live Chat Hours – LAA/LUS
- Uniform Reaction Report Count – LAA/LUS
Hourly Pay Rate Increase – LUS/LAA
Effective January 1, 2018, the hourly rate of pay will increase for all Flight Attendants in accordance with the JCBA:
401(k) Catch Up Contribution Reset for 2018 – LAA/LUS
As a reminder, Flight Attendants over 50 are permitted to make an additional $6,000 in catch up contributions above the regular 401(k) contribution limits ($18,500 for 2018).
Most Flight Attendants will add their catch up contributions once they hit their regular contribution maximum during the year. Please be aware that the Fidelity system will not reset your catch up contribution percentage to zero at the beginning of 2018.
Flight Attendants who have a catch up contribution on file when the first payroll cycle runs in January 2018 will have both their regular and catch up contributions deducted from their paycheck, possibly leaving them with no take home pay, depending on the election percentages.
To make sure that catch up contributions are still deducted from your last paycheck of 2017, but not from your first paycheck of 2018, please be aware of the following election change deadlines:
LUS Flight Attendants: To change catch-up for 2018, the earliest you should take action in your 401(k) accounts is 12/25/2017. The latest you should take action in order to hit your first check of 2018 is 01/5/2018.
LAA Flight Attendants: To change catch-up for 2018, the earliest you should take action in your 401(k) accounts is 12/18/2017. The latest you should take action in order to hit your first check of 2018 is 12/29/2017.
Election changes can be made online by visiting http://netbenefits.com/aa or by calling the Fidelity Service Center at 1-800-354-3412.
APFA National Retirement Specialist
Vacation Buyback Window – LUS
Per JCBA Section 8.F., Flight Attendants have the ability to bid for vacation buyback. Flight Attendants who wish to be paid for vacation days accrued in 2017, as opposed to taking the time off, can bid for vacation buyback in the 2018 vacation award.
Vacation buyback bidding can be accessed by going to Crew Portal > My Information > Vacations beginning at noon (CT) Thursday, January 4th until noon (CT) Saturday, January 13th.
- The Flight Attendant Annual Vacation Buyback Reference Guide is available on the Flight Service website home page in the Helpful Links Box.
- Vacation buybacks are awarded by base in seniority order before establishing the vacation matrix. Any reduction in the vacation matrix due to vacation buyback will be equally distributed throughout the year.
- Vacation buyback days are pay/no credit, based on your longevity at the time vacation buyback is paid.Vacation buyback payments are distributed in June 2018
- 1 to 6 days = 3:30 hours per day
- 7 to 35 days = 4:00 hours per day
- Vacation buyback payments are distributed in June 2018
Special EC Meeting Minutes – LAA/LUS
A Special Executive Committee (EC) Meeting was held via teleconference on December 7, 2017 to appoint an interim LGA Base President from January 1, 2018 until the election process for LGA is completed. Full minutes of the meeting are now available on the APFA website:
Roll Call – 12.07.17
Resolution 1 – Approve the Agenda
Resolution 2 – Appt. of Interim LGA Base President
Resolution 3 – Adjourn the Meeting
Holiday Live Chat Hours – LAA/LUS
APFA Headquarters will be closed on Monday, December 25th and Tuesday, December 26th in observance of Christmas. Live Chat hours will be extended this weekend as well as on the 25th and 26th for those who may need assistance.
Live Chat Hours December 23rd – 26th:
0900 – 2300 CT
Uniform Reaction Report Count – LAA/LUS
The entire APFA National Office and staff wishes everyone a
safe and happy Holiday Season!