Ballots must be returned, by mail, and received by 10:00am CT April 13, 2018. For your vote to count, you must be dues current (no more than 60 days in dues arrears) by 5:00pm CT on April 9, 2018. You can contact the APFA dues department at [email protected] or 817-540-01081 ext. 8151. If you have any questions, please contact the NBC at [email protected] or 817-540-0108 ext. 8311.
Where Is the Next Retirement Seminar? In Your Living Room!
Have you been meaning to attend one of the retirement seminars around the system but just haven’t been able to pull yourself off the sofa? Well, now you don’t have to! As a supplement to the local base visits, the retirement seminars have been split up into a series of six webinars you can now view on the retirement page of the APFA website.
You can also download the Good Slide! retirement handout to follow along as you view the presentation. For our new hires, we also have a special webinar just for you called 401(k): How To Avoid Working Forever!
Candidates for the Elected Members of the APFA Negotiating Committee
The National Ballot Committee retrieved the Willingness-to-Serve notifications for the elected members of the APFA Negotiating Committee.
Candidates for APFA Negotiator:
Tyler “Tyco” Coon
Kelly J Hagan
Ballots will be mailed to the membership on April 16, 2018. Ballots will be retrieved at 10:00am CT on May 16, 2018, and the ballot count will commence at that time.
It is important for APFA to have your correct mailing address and contact information on file for you to receive your ballot in a timely fashion. Even if you have changed your address with the Company, you must still change it with APFA. Please use the link below to verify and/or update your address, email, and phone number:
To have your vote count, you must be a member in good standing – not more than 60 days in dues arrears. If you are more than 60 days behind in your dues, or if you are not certain of your dues status, please contact the APFA Dues Department at [email protected] or call 817-540-0108, ext. 8151. The deadline for becoming a member in good standing so that your vote will count in this election is May 11, 2018.
If you have any questions, please contact the National Ballot Committee at [email protected] or 817-540-0108 ext. 8311.
Denied Jump Seat for Weight and Balance
Commuting to work on LUS metal and are denied the jump seat for weight and balance? You must call Daily Ops at 682-315-7070 within 30 minutes to advise them you have been denied the jump seat.
If you are commuting to work, the Company has the option of providing positive space to get you to your base in time for your trip, splitting you onto the trip, or removing you with pay.
Please remember you MUST call Daily Ops within 30 minutes.
Mark Your Calendar – JSIC Base Visit
The Joint Scheduling Implementation Committee will be coming to Charlotte on June 21. Mark your calendar.
Charlotte AIDS Walk
The Charlotte AIDS Walk is May 12th. Use the following link to sign up to walk and/or donate!
Remember to sync Comply365 before your trip and then again at the beginning of each day you fly. Make signing into Comply365 part of your normal sign-in routine to ensure this important step never gets missed.
1. Locate and tap on the Comply365 Mobile app
2. Find a 3G/4G signal or Wi-Fi connection
3. Enter your Jetnet user name and password to “Login”
4. Begin the Sync process by tapping on the Sync Button and selecting “Sync now”
Trouble syncing? Contact Stratix:
· Domestic: 800-343-0343 (ICS 963-5313)
· International: 678-992-2920
Kid’s Day CLT- Thursday, April 26 from 9:00am – 3:30pm
The plans are officially underway for Kid’s Day CLT 2018. Because we do not have a traditional work environment, we are unable to host the traditional “take your kids to work day” when kids get to spend a full day with their parents on the job. Instead, our junior aviators will get to experience a behind the scenes day of our AA CLT operation by visiting the training center, the heavy maintenance hangar, the newly renovated AA ramp tower, and more.
Please note: due to safety and security concerns, the event will be capped at 85 participants. Registration will open on Thursday, April 5 at 10am.
How do you register? A link will be sent to all team members’ aa.com email Thursday morning.
- Kid Participants must be between ages 7-18.
- Participants must register via the link sent to their aa.com email when registration opens on Thursday, April 5 at 10am. Once 85 participants are reached the link will no longer be active. Incomplete registration will not be accepted.
- A maximum of 3 participants per household are eligible to register.
- This is for children of employees, unfortunately we are unable to accommodate neighbors, friends, etc.
- The parent does not have to be present for your child to participate in the tour but must be available to pick-up your child(ren) at the conclusion of the event.
- All CLT-based American Airlines & wholly owned team members are eligible for their children to participate (max. 85 kids).
- T-shirts and lunch will be provided for all participants.
We still have space for Kid Captains (Adult Chaperones) for the day’s event. Any questions should be emailed to [email protected].
As always, thank you for everything you do each and every day!
APFA CLT Base President