More Changes in August for LAA Flight Attendants
Position Swap App & Red Flagged Sequences
Effective with the August bid month, LAA Flight Attendants will no longer use DECS entries in FOS to process seat swaps. Instead, a new app being pushed to the new Note 5 tablet will be used by the #1/Purser to facilitate position swaps among Flight Attendants on the same crew.
The Company will release a quick instructional guide in the coming weeks.
Red Flagged Sequences
Effective with the August bid month, red flagged sequences will replace what we know today as critical coverage.
- Red-flagged sequences are individual trips, flagged by Crew Scheduling that are paid at 150% and credited at 100% (Section 10.H).
- You’ll use TTS/UBL (Trip Trade System/Unsuccessful Bidders List) to bid for red-flagged sequences. They’ll be displayed in pink when viewed in Crew Portal.
- Beginning with August sequences, once a trip is red flagged, the trip retains the 150% premium – even when pay protections come into play.
Example: You’re awarded a red-flagged trip through TTS/UBL and you become illegal through no fault (per Section 10.K) to work the trip. You’re pay protected at the 150% premium rate of pay.
- Crew Scheduling can remove the red flag (and its premium) at any time before the sequence is awarded or assigned, up until 2100 HBT two days before departure.
- Once UBL daily processing starts, Crew Scheduling can’t change the red-flag designation until UBL awards are complete for that day.
- If you subsequently trade or drop the red-flagged sequence, the red flagged premium transfers with the trip.
- However, if you do a position swap involving a red-flagged sequence, the red-flagged premium stays with the original Flight Attendant.
- You can exceed your TTS max in order to pick up a red-flagged sequence; however, it will not increase your TTS max.
Reserves and red-flagged sequences
- If you are a reserve and pick up a red-flagged sequence on your day(s) off by using ROTA/ROTD, you’ll be paid the 150% premium.
- If you’re awarded/assigned the trip on a reserve day, the premium does not apply.