Reboot, Restore, & Rebuild
Good morning! This is Lori Bassani, your new APFA National President, with a special message for all 27,000 of our members. Your administration is proud to take office today on a mandate of action and unity from you, our membership. Your voice was loud and clear: “We are no longer satisfied with sitting on the sidelines, taking whatever is dished our way!” Hundreds of our members responded to a call to action and stand ready and willing to take our message and concerns to the Company, to the public, and to Capitol Hill to improve our working conditions and quality of life for Flight Attendants.
Our team came in with a clear vision: To reboot, restore, and rebuild our Union and our profession. And, although today is only Day 1, we have hit the ground running:
- We rebooted our “activist call to action” and hundreds have answered the call.
- We reached out to our Board of Directors for their recommendations on important business of the Union.
- We are scheduling a special Board Meeting for mid-July, where new negotiator appointments will be on the top of the list.
- We interviewed and selected Department Chairs and Regional Reps for nomination.
- An Executive Committee special teleconference is being called for July 3 to confirm National Chairs and Regional Representatives.
- We have invited leaders from the other AA Unions to meet with APFA leaders mid-July.
- All Presidents of the other Flight Attendant Unions are being contacted to begin the dialogue of restoring the Flight Attendant Coalition to work on common issues.
- We have begun the search for new Labor Counsel.
- A press release is being issued today to media outlets nationwide.
We must Reboot our passion to fight for what is right. We must Restore our pride in our profession, and we must Rebuild the inner workings of our Union so that we can provide all of our members the quality service and representation they deserve.
As we begin this journey, we would like to remind each and every one of you that this is not a job, it is a mission. We will get our Union’s house in order, and we will bring your leaders together to work as one cohesive front. But the most important thing is to support each other and have each others’ backs if we are to survive and prevail in the months ahead.
With all the changes coming our way, this may seem like an insurmountable task. Rest assured that we are up for it and we are ready to do the work that you elected us to do. You will be hearing more about our agenda in the coming days. There’s no time to waste. We need everyone on board. Our time is now!
Come meet your new National Officers! All members and their families are invited to our first 4th of July BBQ at APFA (1004 W. Euless Blvd – from 12n -3p). Your new National Officers are hosting the party. Please join us!
APFA National President
For issues with logging into your account please contact the Membership Department during regular business hours at (817) 540-0108 ext. 8153.
For important or time-sensitive issues regarding contract, scheduling, health, IOD, or other department-related questions please visit the department contact information page to contact the department you need. For immediate assistance please call APFA headquarters at (817) 540-0108
Visit the Contact Us page for general questions or media inquiries.