Carryover Trips from a Line Month to a Reserve Month – LAA
In our previous JSIC Update from July 13th 2018, we shared the Company’s intended procedures on handling carryover trips from a line month into a reserve month. APFA vehemently disagreed with Reserve Flight Attendants not having the option of restoring days off if a carryover trip flew into their off days. After further discussion with the Company, Flight Attendants will now have the following options:
Pay and Credit vs Pay No Credit:
If a Lineholder has a carryover trip into a reserve month at a non-PBS base, and
… the trip is scheduled to fly into a Reserve Day:
- Reserve day(s) will be pay and credit and will count towards Reserve Calling Out of Time (RSVCOT), also known as “maxing out“.
- Days off will be restored. (this will only be applicable if the carryover sequence was on the schedule prior to bids finalizing) If the reserve Flight Attendant does not request to restore her/his days off, those hours will be paid as pay, no credit (PNC Paid above reserve guarantee).
- The reserve Flight Attendant must contact Crew Scheduling anytime from the report time of the carryover trip until 1400 on the last day of the carryover trip.
- Days off will be moved down to the next full calendar day(s) of reserve availability. The days off will be for an entire calendar day (0000 to 2359).
- Any carryover trips added to his/her schedule after bids are finalized that fly into their days off will be paid as pay, no credit (PNC), and those days off will not be restored.
If you have a trip scheduled to fly into day(s) off, it will show as pay and credit in RSVCOT until the 9th of the month. Pay Comp would then adjust the hours to pay no credit (PNC), and your RSVCOT would decrease to reflect your actual credit hours.
If a Flight Attendant has a vacation or sick carryover trip into a reserve month, the entire day would be coded as vacation or sick, and there is no obligation.
For issues with logging into your account please contact the Membership Department during regular business hours at (817) 540-0108 ext. 8153.
For important or time-sensitive issues regarding contract, scheduling, health, IOD, or other department-related questions please visit the department contact information page to contact the department you need. For immediate assistance please call APFA headquarters at (817) 540-0108
Visit the Contact Us page for general questions or media inquiries.