Update: Voluntary Leave of Absence Openings for September 2018 – LUS
After further review, Crew Planning will be offering Voluntary Leaves of Absences (VLOAs) for the September 2018 bid month (effective Aug. 31, 2018) for CLT, DCA-US, PHL, and PHX.
All VLOA requests for September 2018 must be submitted electronically via Wings on the Forms page (Wings > Flight Service > Forms > Leaves of Absence > VLOA Request Form) prior to the deadline of 12 noon (ET) , Sunday, July 29, 2018. Awards will be posted no later than Monday, July 30, 2018.
Please note the following items regarding the terms of the VLOA award:
- The VLOA will be without pay.
- To be awarded the VLOA, you must be in an available status as of Aug. 31 on the date of the award.
- Any scheduled vacation will be paid.
- Required training scheduled for the month must be attended and will be compensated accordingly.
- Benefits will remain active for the duration of the leave.
- Benefit premiums will continue at the active flight attendant rate. While on VLOA, Aon Hewitt will send a bill for your upcoming benefit premiums. If benefit premiums were deducted from your paycheck for any portion of the VLOA period, contact Aon Hewitt at 888-860-6178 to ask that these amounts be credited to your account. Any remaining balance due must be paid to Aon Hewitt to maintain coverage.
- Failure to make payments past 60 days while on VLOA may result in the termination of coverage (please call the Benefits Center at 888-860-6178 with questions).
- HR Benefits will do an audit of your benefit premiums upon your return to work. If any premiums are outstanding or have been overpaid, they will be processed within two pay periods.
- Accruals for both sick and vacation will continue during the period of the leave.
- You must coordinate directly with the vendor or credit union if any loan payments are being deducted from your paycheck.
- This is a voluntary leave and you will remain on active status. Therefore, the company will contest unemployment claims.
- As a lineholder, if you have a lead-in trip into the VLOA month and are unable to adjust your schedule via ISAP or ETB, you are responsible for flying that entire trip.
- Reserves awarded the VLOA will not receive a reserve line for the month.
- Working special assignments (COM) while on VLOA is not permissible.
- Picking up trips via ETB is not permissible while on the VLOA.
Note: Successful bidders will be notified via AA email on Monday, July 30. The award list will also be posted on Wings.