September 2018 DFW Allocations Call Information
- 5629 Headcount for September
- 5336 Available Headcount at DFW
- 3918 Bid Jobs are planned. Decrease of 131 jobs from August. Increase of 99 jobs year over year
- No open replacement lines are planned
- 685 Vacation Relief Lines are planned
Manning indicated that a small amount of bid leaves may available at some bases.
733 (13.7%) Flight Attendants are planned to serve Reserve in September. System Reserve percentage is 13.6%. Decrease of 252 Flight Attendants from August 2018. If you are on the back up Reserve list, it is recommended to add Reserve bids in addition to your regular selections.
September has the highest number of vacation relief lines planned (685) since the implementation of the JCBA language dissolving availability. Manning has advised that due to the high number of September vacations, relief lines may have a higher chance of breaking/busting. Manning has forecasted a possibility of 146 relief adjustments for September.
Bidding Vacation Relief/Open Replacement remains uncertain. Filler trips may be added to vacation relief lines up to 85 hours. Remarks will be considered but may not be honored. A mix on International and Domestic trips may be necessary. Remarks are read in highest to lowest priority.
Five vacancy transfers were awarded with an effective date of August 31st.
Mutual transfers were captured August 5th with an effective date of August 31st.
Flight Attendants thinking of transferring after FOI now have a special web ballot request form. The vacancy bid ballot opens on August 16th and closes on August 26th for transfers effective November 1st. Crew Planning will send an email with instructions on how to access the ballot. Information regarding all transfers can be found on the Flight Service website under Crew Resources/Crew Planning.
Target line average for DFW is 81.1 hours. System line average is 81.0
Special Flying/Events in September:
Schedule change on September 5th, Labor Day adjustments through Toronto Film Festival (YYZ, LAX), Mexican Independence Day (MEX,DFW,MIA) limited charter flying resumes.
The base addressed the issue with allocations and was informed that due to September being scheduled as a 31 day contractual month an extra trip is added for fly-thru. Allocations had to mix flying on some lines to reach required target utilization numbers.
The DFW base continues to request high time turns and two-day trips. We voiced our frustrations with the increase of four day trips and three day trips averaging 15+ hours. We are currently gathering documentation on sequences consisting of maximum block and duty day rigs and how often these difficult trips operate as scheduled and when they do encounter delays the effect they have on our Flight Attendants. Our goal is to provide allocations proof that building pairings (programming the optimizer) with maximum contract language may seem cost efficient, but in the long run the pairings seldom operate as planned with crews getting minimum rest, trips breaking up or a flight cancelling due to crew legalities.
Bid line construction guidelines are provided monthly to the allocations department. Establishing cadence, consistency of sign in and arrival times, pairing similar trips types together and pure lines are just a few of recommendations we advocate for each month. The Company continues to pull down flying on the S80. We will see a 30% reduction in S80 flying in September.
Bids open and paper bids sheets will be available on August 11th. Bids close on August 15th at 1200 CST. Bid awards are final on August 20th.
As a reminder, DFW has a designated email address for Bid Sheet questions and concerns. Please email: email@example.com
Domestic Percentage of Sequences:
- 3FA Solution: 1D-1.1% 2D-17.2% 3D-70.7% 4D-11.0%
- 4FA Solution: 1D-35.4% 2D-16.7% 3D-44.0% 4D-3.9%
Domestic Overnight Rest Distribution:
- Overnight rest less than 11 hours: 19.3%
- Overnight rest greater than 12 hours: 72.2%
- Overnight rest greater than 24 hours: 4.1%
Domestic FA Productivity:
- Scheduled block hours per calendar day: 5hours 7 minutes
- Credit hours per duty period: 5 hours and 38 minutes
- Credit hours per calendar day: 5 hours and 17 minutes
- Domestic sit time: 2 hours 10.1% 2.5 hours 3.3% 3 hours 0.5%
- Number of leg distribution: 1 leg 23.1% 2 legs 48.5% 3 legs 28.1%
NIPD Percentage of Sequences:
- 3FA Solution: 1D-0.0% 2D-1.4% 3D-66.8% 4D-31.7%
- 4FA Solution: 1D-37.7% 2D-8.6% 3D-7.2% 4D-16.4%
NIPD Overnight Rest Distribution:
- Overnight rest less than 11 hours: 9.7%
- Overnight rest greater than 12 hours 76.6%
- Overnight rest greater than 24 hours: 5.8%
NIPD FA Productivity:
- Scheduled block hours per calendar day: 5 hours and 8 minutes
- Credit hours per duty period: 5 hours and 49 minutes
- Credit hours per calendar day: 5 hours 16 minutes
- NIPD Sit time: 2 hours 10.1% 2.5 hours 1.4% 3 hours 0.2%
- Number of leg Distribution: 1 leg 26.5% 2legs 46.6% 3 legs 26.8%
- DFW Combined Operations Percentage of Sequences all equipment all positions: 1D- 24.9% 2D-12.2% 3D-52.0% 4D-10.9%
Maureen Walsh Martin
APFA DFW Base President