How are Pursers Positions Covered?
You can request the Purser position by submitting a ballot in TTS. TTS will try to complete your request until 2 days prior to the sequences departure. If you have checked “pass to UBL” the UBL will continue to try and award your request up until 2 hours prior to departure, 3 hours for Co-Terminal. If you are on the sequence and simply requesting a position move-up to the Purser position, the UBL will continue to try and award up until 2 hours prior to departure.
Flight Attendant Position 5 on sequence 98765, departures at 1400 on August 27 and wishes to move up to the Purser position on same sequence.
He/she submits a ballot in TTS, and checks “pass to UBL.”
TTS will try and award every night until 2 days prior. The UBL continues to try to satisfy the request up until 2 hours prior to departure.
At 1145 on August 27, the Purser position became open. The UBL will award if Flight Attendant Position 5 was the most senior request.
*The UBL will always check to see if anyone has requested the position before awarding the sequence in ROTA/ROTD. ROTA/ROTD does not look at Purser qualifications before awarding/assigning trips.
Steps used to cover open Purser positions in TTS/UBL:
- Award through TTS as a Purser
- Award through UBL as a Purser
- Award through UBL as a non-Purser
- Award/assign without a Purser qualification to a reserve as a lead position
What happens when a reserve receives the lead position through ROTA/ROTD?
- If the Reserve is Purser qualified, the position will convert to Purser and the Reserve will receive Purser pay
- If the Reserve is not Purser qualified and there is no other Purser qualified Flight Attendant on the flight that can swap into the position, the reserve will receive lead pay
- If the Reserve is not Purser qualified any Purser Flight Attendant on the flight is required to move up to the Purser position. If there is more than 1, it will be offered seniority first, then inverse order.
- Reserve is not Purser qualified and is assigned the Purser position as a lead. There is a qualified Purser on the sequence. At report, the qualified Purser will move up to the Purser position. This will be accomplished through the position swap app on the tablet.
- Reserve is Purser qualified and is assigned the Purser position as a lead. The reserve retains the Purser position and is paid Purser pay
- Reserve is not Purser qualified and there is no other Purser on the sequence. The position will be a lead position and the reserve will receive applicable lead pay.
For issues with logging into your account please contact the Membership Department during regular business hours at (817) 540-0108 ext. 8153.
For important or time-sensitive issues regarding contract, scheduling, health, IOD, or other department-related questions please visit the department contact information page to contact the department you need. For immediate assistance please call APFA headquarters at (817) 540-0108
Visit the Contact Us page for general questions or media inquiries.