PBS – Default Bid
For bidding in both mock and live production of PBS, a default bid is built into the system for those Flight Attendants who do not submit bids and do not have a standing bid. The following is a review of the default bid:
The lineholder default bid is a predetermined bid created by the Union and the company. This bid type cannot be viewed or edited in PBS; it is applied during the award process to those with lineholder status only if:
- A monthly bid was not entered, and
- A standing bid does not exist
When applied, PBS will award you a line of flying with pairings available at your status seniority level using properties and preferences in the following order:
- Layer 1 – Pairing Length 1, Maximize Credit, Target Credit Range 75-85
- Layer 2 – Pairing Length 2, Maximize Credit, Target Credit Range 75-85
- Layer 3 – Pairing Length 3, Maximize Credit, Target Credit Range 75-85
- Layer 4 – Pairing Length 4, Maximize Credit, Target Credit Range 75-85
- Layer 5 –Target Credit Range 75-85
- Layer 6 –Target Credit Range 75-85
NOTE: The default bid is subject to change at the discretion of the Union.
Should you have any questions about submitting a standing bid, FOI specialists are available in operations as well as the FABRC.
PBS results – Viewable in PBS on Sept. 18th – 1200 CT
Final awards Sept. 20th – 1200 CT
For LAA Flight Attendants based in BOS/NYC/DCA-A/RDU/STL/ORD/LAX/SFO
Mock Bid Round 2 – Opens Sept. 19th and closes Sept. 24th
For issues with logging into your account please contact the Membership Department during regular business hours at (817) 540-0108 ext. 8153.
For important or time-sensitive issues regarding contract, scheduling, health, IOD, or other department-related questions please visit the department contact information page to contact the department you need. For immediate assistance please call APFA headquarters at (817) 540-0108
Visit the Contact Us page for general questions or media inquiries.