Tuesday, January 8, 2019
February 2019 Allocations Call
- 5602 Headcount for February. Increase of 255 year over year.
- 5273 Available Headcount at DFW. Increase of 189 year over year.
- 3803 Bid jobs are planned. Increase of 32 bid jobs from January. Increase of 102 jobs year over year.
- No open replacement lines are planned.
- 505 Vacation Relief Lines are planned. Increase of 85 relief lines year over year.
- 72 VLOAs are projected for February. Ballot opened on Jan 3 at 1200 CT and closed on JAN 7 at 1200 CT.
965 (18.1%) to 1101 (20.8%) Flight Attendants are planned to serve Reserve in February. 965 Flight Attendants will be posted to serve Reserve.
The contingency of 136 Flight Attendants is linked to the number of vacation relief lines that may break/bust. When vacation relief lines do not meet the minimum threshold of 65 hours they may break/bust. When this occurs, it may require a Flight Attendant to be pulled from the back up list.
If you are on the back up Reserve list, it is recommended to add Reserve bids in addition to your regular selections.
Bidding Vacation Relief/Open Replacement remains unpredictable. Filler trips may be added to vacation relief lines up to 85 hours. Remarks will be considered but may not be honored. A mix of international and domestic trips may be necessary. Remarks are read in highest to lowest priority.
Transfer information can be found on the Fight Service website under Crew Resources. Click on Vacancy or Mutual Transfers.
Target line average for DFW 77.5 hours. System line average for non-PBS bases – 77.3%. System PBS line average – 77.1%.
Special Flying/Events in February:
- Schedule Change Date — Thursday, February 14
- Super Bowl will add/cancel flights—15 February to 19 February
- President’s Day will add/cancel flights— 15 February to 19 February (Affected Bases: JFK, LGA, ORD, DFW, CLT, PHL)
- Mardi Gras will add/cancel — 28 February to 3 March. (Affected Bases: CLT, DFW, MIA ,DCA)
- The base continues to see a decrease in high-time turns. We have addressed this issue since the first decline in November with the full implementation of FOI. The Allocations department blames aircraft routing for the decline. We will continue to fight for the return of our high value flying.
- The Allocations department adjusted the optimizer programming for February to build commutable four-day trips. Of the DFW domestic 4D pairings, 97% start after 1200 and end before 1700. Of the DFW NIPD 4D pairings, 64% start after 1200 and 100% end before 1700. We continue to ask allocations to establish cadence when building four-day bid lines.
- The Company continues to build a substantial amount of ODANs for DFW. We will have a slight decrease for February, which was needed after the significant increase in January. We realize that many Flight Attendants enjoy the flexibility of ODANs. We always ask Allocations to pair all-night flying together and to limit ODANs to a maximum of 15 days working.
Don’t forget to check out the header section on the DFW bid sheet. Up-to-date information regarding RAPs, Standby Times, CQ Information, schedule
highlights and much more is published monthly.
Network Planning Highlights can be found on the Flight Service website. It’s located in the Crew Resources section under Crew Manning in “Featured Links.” Information regarding inaugural/new routes, seasonal suspensions, fleet updates and other notable items will be published monthly.
- Bids open and paper bid sheets available on 11JAN.
- Bids close at 1200 DFW time on 15JAN.
- FEB bid awards final 1200 DFW time 20JAN.
- TTS opens/starts queuing for FEB transactions 1200 DFW time 20JAN.
- Golden Day/Flex Day opens 1800 DFW time on 20JAN and closes on 1200 DFW time on 27JAN.
- ETB opens 0400 HBT 22JAN.
Mock Bidding Timelines:
Session 1 – January 10-15 & February 10-15
Session 2 – January 19-24 & February 19-24
Vacation Bidding Timelines:
Annual Vacation Buyback – opens 1200 DFW time on 04JAN, closes 1200 DFW time on 13JAN
Annual Primary Vacation Bidding – opens 1200 DFW time on 28JAN, closes 1200 DFW time on 28FEB
Annual Secondary Vacation Bidding – opens 1200 DFW time on 06MAR, closes 1200 DFW time 13MAR
FOI training specialists will be offering PBS refresher classes in terminal A and C during January, February and March. Classes will be 1 1/2 hours and will cover the basics of PBS. There will be 10 slots available in both terminals with multiple slots to choose from. If you are interested in attending the refresher class you will need to visit the FOI navigation centers in Terminal A, C, or D and one of the specialists will let you know what slots are still available and sign you up. We encourage all DFW Flight Attendants to participate in the PBS mock bidding.
As a reminder, DFW has a designated email address for Bid Sheet questions and concerns. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Domestic Percentage of Sequences:
3FA Solution: 1D—8.8%; 2D—38.1%; 3D—49.6%; 4D—3.4%
4FA Solution: 1D—30.5%; 2D—37.1%; 3D—30.2%; 4D—2.2%
Domestic Overnight Rest Distribution:
Overnight Rest Less Than 11 Hours: 14%
Overnight Rest Greater Than 12 Hours: 72.5%
Overnight Rest Greater Than 24 Hours: 2.3%
Domestic FA Productivity:
Scheduled Block Hours per Calendar Day: 4hrs 51min.
Credit Hours Per Duty Period: 5hrs 35min.
Credit Hours Per Calendar Day: 5hrs 9min.
Domestic Sit Time: 2 hours – 11.4%; 2.5 hours- 6.4%; 3 hours- 5.4%
Number of Leg Distribution: 1 leg- 25%; 2 legs- 43%; 3 legs- 32%; 4 legs- 0.1%.
Domestic Duty Distribution:
Duty length is calculated including sign-in and release time:
3 to 4 hours on duty: 2.9%; 4 to 5 hours on duty- 13.4%; 5 to 6 hours-
9.7%; 7 to 8 hours- 13.8%; 8 to 9 hours- 15.7%; 9 to 10 hours- 8.4%; 11 to 12 hours- 8.4%; Greater than 12 hours- 7.6%
Domestic Block Distribution:
3 hours or less- 10%; 3 to 4 hours- 18.8% 4 to 5 hours -15.5%; 5 to 6 hours -20.7%; 6 to 7 hours- 14.7%; 7 to 8 hours- 11.4%; 8 to 9 hours –
8.8%; greater than 9 hours- 0%
NIPD Percentage of Sequences:
3FA Solution: 1D—4.0%; 2D—12.7%; 3D—60.3%; 4D—23%
4FA Solution: 1D—31.4%; 2D—19.1%; 3D—34.9%; 4D—14.6%
NIPD Overnight Rest Distribution:
Overnight Rest Less Than 11 Hours: 14.6%
Overnight Rest Greater Than 12 Hours: 70%
Overnight Rest Greater Than 24 Hours: 3.6%
NIPD FA Productivity:
Scheduled Block Hours per Calendar Day: 5hrs 30min.
Credit Hours Per Duty Period: 5hrs 49min.
Credit Hours Per Calendar Day: 5hrs. 37min.
NIPD Sit Time: 2 hours – 9.9%; 2.5 hours – 1.2%; 3 hours – 0%
Number of Leg Distribution: 1 leg – 29%; 2 legs – 38.9%; 3 legs – 32.1%
NIPD Duty Distribution:
Duty length is calculated including sign-in and release time.
3 to 4 hours of duty – 3.2%; 4 to 5 hours – 16.9%; 5 to 6 hours – 4.2%; 6 to 7 hours – 7.3%; 7 to 8 hours – 6.9%; 8 to 9 hours – 16.1%; 9 to 10 hours – 9.7%; 10 to 11 hours – 10%; 11 to 12 hours – 11.9%; greater than 12 hours – 13.5%
NIPD Block Distribution:
3 hours or less – 11.2%; 3 to 4 hours – 13%; 4 to 5 hours – 11.4%; 5 to 6 hours – 22.2%; 6 to 7 hours – 13.2%; 7 to 8 hours – 9.4%; 8 to 9 hours –
18.9%; greater than 9 hours – 0.6%
DFW Combined Operation Percentage of Sequences – All equipment/All positions:
- 1-Day – 21%
- 2-Day – 25%
- 3-Day – 43%
- 4-Day – 11%
APFA DFW Base President
APFA DFW Base Vice President
& Your DFW Bidsheet Committee
Currently, no scheduled events...