Thursday, March 7, 2019
April 2019 Allocations Call
- 5640 Headcount for April. Increase of 52 from March Increase of 284 year over year.
- 5354 Available Headcount at DFW. Increase of 109 from March, Increase of 242 year over year.
- 4028 Bid jobs are planned. Increase of 311 bid jobs from March, increase of 170 jobs year over year.
- No open replacement lines are planned.
- 471 Vacation Relief Lines are planned. Increase of 84 relief lines year over year.
- VLOA are pending for April. Ballot opens 03MAR at 1200CT and closes on 07MAR at 1200 CT. Ballots can be found on the Flight Service website by clicking on Crew Resources>then>Voluntary Leave Information (in the Quick Links box).
855 (16%) to 1007 (18.8%) Flight Attendants are planned to serve reserve in April. Contingency of 152 Flight Attendants is linked to the number of vacation relief lines that may break/bust. When vacation relief lines do not meet the minimum threshold of 65 hours they may break/bust. When this occurs, it may require a Flight Attendant to be pulled from the back up list. If you are on the back up reserve list, it is recommended to add reserve bids in addition to your regular selections.
Bidding Vacation Relief/Open Replacement remains unpredictable. Filler trips may be added to vacation relief lines up to 85 hours. Remarks will be considered but may not be honored. A mix of international and domestic trips may be necessary. Remarks are read in highest to lowest priority.
Transfer information can be found on the Fight Service website under Crew Resources. Click on Vacancy or Mutual Transfers.
Target line average for DFW 78.9 hours. System line average for non-PBS Bases 78.8 hours. System PBS line average 79.4 hours.
Special Flying/Events in April:
- Schedule Change Date—Tuesday, 02APR
- Easter Holiday—Sunday, 21APR
- Masters Tournament— 11APR-14APR Add/Up-gauges aircraft
- Coachella Festival—12APR-14APR and 19APR-21APR Add/Up-gauges aircraft
- The base continues to voice its dismay with the lack of commutable trips. Allocations adjusted the optimizer programming in February to build commutable 4D trips. This programming remains in effect and the base has questioned if commutable 2D and 3D trips are suffering/lacking due to this modification. The base asked for programming improvements and a means of tracking monthly commutable trips.
- Sit/Connection times have increased significantly for April. Optimizer programming was revised to limit morning through flights due to aircraft reliability and increased the minimum connect times system-wide. As a result, sit times and duty day averages have increased for domestic and NIPD flying. We have asked allocations to revisit this programming due to the negative effect it has had on the base.
- Finally, some good news on the high time turn front: many high time turns have returned for April. Overall, the base has seen an increase of 215 turns averaging six hours and greater. We will continue to advocate for the return of all our high time desirable flying
Don’t forget to check out the header section on the DFW bid sheet. Up-to-date information regarding RAPs, standby times, CQ information, schedule highlights, and much more is published monthly.
Bids open and paper bid sheets available on 11MAR. Bids close at noon DFW time on 15MAR. APR bid awards final noon DFW time 20MAR. TTS opens/starts queuing for APR transactions noon DFW time 20MAR. Golden Day/Flex Day opens 1800 DFW time on 20MAR and closes on 1200 DFW time on 27MAR. ETB opens 0400 HBT 22MAR.
Mock Bidding Timelines:
- Session 1: 10MAR – 15MAR
- Session 2: 19MAR – 24MAR
FOI training specialists will be offering PBS refresher classes in terminal A and C in March. If you are interested in attending the refresher class you can use this link to sign up for the class: www.volunteersignup.org/DBWYJ
We encourage all DFW Flight Attendants to participate in the PBS mock bidding.
Primary Vacation Bid Awards posted 1200 DFW time 06MAR.
Secondary Vacation Bids Open 06MAR 1200 DFW time. Secondary Bid Close 1200 DFW time on 13MAR. Secondary Bid Awards and Assignments posted 1200 DFW on 20MAR.
As a reminder, DFW has a designated email address for bid sheet questions
and concerns. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Domestic Percentage of Sequences:
3FA Solution: 1D—15%; 2D—44.5%; 3D—37.7%; 4D—2.9%
4FA Solution: 1D—31%; 2D—46.8%; 3D—21%; 4D—1.3%
Domestic Overnight Rest Distribution:
Overnight Rest Less Than 11 Hours: 11.5%
Overnight Rest Greater Than 12 Hours: 74.6%
Overnight Rest Greater Than 24 Hours: 1.9%
Domestic Duties Touching 0200-0400 (Redeyes) 3FA & 4FA Solution:
JAN 2019: 13%
FEB 2019: 11.2%
MAR 2019: 11.4%
APR 2019 8.3%
Domestic FA Productivity:
Scheduled Block Hours per Calendar Day: 4hrs 54min
Credit Hours Per Duty Period: 5hrs 38min
Credit Hours Per Calendar Day: 5hrs 10min
Domestic Sit Time: 2 hours – 26.2%; 2.5 hours – 16.7%; 3 hours – 4.8%
Number of Leg Distribution: 1 leg – 24.4%; 2 legs – 43%; 3 legs – 32.2%; 4
Legs – 0.4%
Domestic Duty Distribution:
Duty length is calculated including sign-in and release time.
3 to 4 hours on duty: 5.6%
4 to 5 hours on duty: 13.7%
5 to 6 hours: 5.9%
6 to 7 hours: 2.7%
7 to 8 hours: 13%
8 to 9 hours: 14.4%
9 to 10 hours: 13.8%
10 to 11 hours: 9.3%
11 to 12 hours: 6.5%
Greater than 12 hours: 14.8%
Domestic Block Distribution:
3 hours or less: 11.1%
3 to 4 hours: 15.7%
4 to 5 hours: 16.7%
5 to 6 hours: 17.1%
6 to 7 hours: 15.2%
7 to 8 hours: 15.4%
8 to 9 hours: 8.7%
NIPD Percentage of Sequences:
3FA Solution: 1D—0%; 2D—45.3%; 3D—32%; 4D—22.7%
4FA Solution: 1D—28.3%; 2D—37.4%; 3D—28.5%; 4D—5.9%
NIPD Overnight Rest Distribution:
Overnight Rest Less Than 11 Hours: 17.4%
Overnight Rest Greater Than 12 Hours: 73%
Overnight Rest Greater Than 24 Hours: 1.5%
NIPD Duties Touching 0200-0400 (Redeyes) 3FA & 4FA Solution:
JAN 2019: 4%
FEB 2019: 2.5%
MAR 2019: 4.1%
APR 2019: 2.6%
NIPD FA Productivity:
Scheduled Block Hours per Calendar Day: 5hrs 30min
Credit Hours Per Duty Period: 5hrs 47min
Credit Hours Per Calendar Day: 5hrs. 36min
NIPD Sit Time: 2 hours – 19.7%; 2.5 hours – 13.2%; 3 hours – 1.4%
Number of Leg Distribution: 1 leg – 31.2%; 2 legs – 33.1%; 3 legs – 35.8%
NIPD Duty Distribution:
Duty length is calculated including sign-in and release time.
3 to 4 hours of duty: 2%
4 to 5 hours: 20.5%
5 to 6 hours: 4.3%
6 to 7 hours: 2.9%
7 to 8 hours: 7%
8 to 9 hours: 12.8%
9 to 10 hours: 11%
10 to 11 hours: 10.4%
11 to 12 hours: 10.6%
Greater than 12 hours: 18.2%
NIPD Block Distribution:
3 hours or less: 17.3%
3 to 4 hours: 9.2%
4 to 5 hours: 13.8%
5 to 6 hours: 16%
6 to 7 hours: 5.7%
7 to 8 hours: 19.2%
8 to 9 hours: 18.4%
Greater than 9 hours: 0.3%
DFW Combined Operation Percentage of Sequences / All equipment all positions:
In Unity,Maureen Walsh-Martin
APFA DFW Base President
APFA DFW Base Vice President
DFW Bidsheet Committee