Wednesday, March 20, 2019
PBS Mis-Award Process
Once the Flight Attendant receives their award and they have questions concerning the award or believe there has been a mis-award the Flight Attendant should do the following:
- The Flight Attendant should contact the FABRC for a review and evaluation of the award.
- The FABRC representative advises the Flight Attendant if there has been a potential mis-award or not. If there has been a potential mis-award it will be referred to the PBS admin team and sent to AOS for validation.
- If the award has been referred to the PBS admin team or AOS, a FABRC member will call and advise the Flight Attendant of the results and if a mis-award has occurred will provide the Flight Attendant with a detailed description of how they need to proceed regarding pay protection(s).
- If the Flight Attendant has been advised they do not have a mis-award and would like to challenge the information they then would contact the JSIC for review. Please complete the PBS Mis-Award form on the APFA website at www.APFA.org.
- The JSIC will further review the results to determine if a mis-award has occurred.
For procedures that apply once a mis-award has been confirmed, you may view a sample letter you will receive from the FABRC here.