Thursday, February 27, 2020
BOS APFA Base Brief – February 2020
“No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow.” ~Proverb
The days are getting longer, the snow is melting and the groundhog said it was going to be an early Spring. Sounds good to us. We have lots of important dates and events planned for our BOS FAs in MAR, please take note below.
From our BOS APFA Professional Standards Team:
A few reminders for all FAs
- Please be sure to do Monitor & Challenge when both arming/disarming your doors, including proper language and which FA reports first when answering up the phone.
- On our longer flights we are required to do a second beverage service. Please refer to your tablet for the Service Guide. It is listed under Flight Info in the “My Flight” app.
Lastly, Professional Standards has received several calls regarding posts made on social media.
- Please be cognitive of what you post and what information you take from it.
- Please do not ever mention our layover hotel names on social media and be careful when tagging yourself in public posts at these hotels. The safety and security of our Flight Attendants could be at risk when that information is spread. Please be as vigilant in your online life as you would be in real life.
- Photographing and video/audio recording of fellow crew members, without their permission, is not allowed, particularly if you are an active blogger/vlogger. Be sensitive to the fact that not everyone wants their image on social media. The company is cracking down on electronic device use, this could get you and/or fellow crew members in trouble. Also, do not let your crew ID or other AA insignia be visible in public posts and videos.
IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES & EVENTS:
2020/2021 Vacation Bidding ends March 4:
Please contact FABRC if you need assistance (800)847-2739 #7
Board of Director’s Annual Convention – March 2-5
The APFA Board of Directors will meet next month for their 2020 Annual Convention. This year’s convention will be held in Los Angeles at the Sheraton Universal Hotel – a longtime union property. Members in good standing are welcome to attend all open portions of the meeting. Full minutes of the meeting will be available on the APFA website 30 days following adjournment.
333 Universal Hollywood Drive
Universal City, California 91608
March 2-5, 2020
Monday, March 2, 2020 – New Uniforms make their debut:
Just a reminder, if you are working a multi-day trip that touches 02MAR, you must pack your new Land’s End uniform. If you are working an All-nighter that leaves after 2200 (local time) on 01MAR, you are required to wear the new uniform. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Amy or a Kelli.
APFA National Officer Run-off Elections – Ballots due in Texas by March 9, 2020:
-In order to have your vote count, you must be a member in good standing (no more than 60 days in dues arrears) by 5:00 pm CT, March 4, 2020. Questions about your dues status? Contact the Dues Department at [email protected] or at 817-540-0108,ext. 8151.
-The last day to request a duplicate ballot is 12 noon CT, March 2, 2020. All ballots must be received by 10:00 am CT, March 9, 2020.
-When requesting a duplicate ballot, remember to provide your current address and the last address on file with APFA for verification purposes.
777 LHR Service/Purser Refresher – March 9-13 from 1100-1600
Michelle, Jacquie and Vicki Jo will be back for one more week offering our BOS FAs helpful hints, tips and the opportunity for some hands on learning. As a reminder, this training is voluntary. Please sign up with the BOS MOD as lunch is provided.
The 777-200 Aircraft will be in BOS – Wednesday, March 18 from 0900-1200
You will have an opportunity to tour the aircraft, ask questions, and familiarize yourself with the layout, seat operation, and location of galley and emergency equipment. Following the tour, there will be a Menu Tasting in Flight Service at 1 pm, featuring items from the current LHR menu cycle. Please contact FSM Stacey Rochelle, if you have any questions.
Inaugural Return of BOS-LHR Flight #108 – Saturday, March 28, 2020
London here we come! The first flight back over “The Pond” will depart BOS at 1950. We are looking forward to a wonderful send off. All FAs are welcome to come for the Inaugural Celebration. If you plan to arrive in uniform, you must be uniform compliant.
Kelli will be on vacation from 02MAR-09MAR, please contact Amy or APFA HDQ during this time. 2020 New Hires begin INDOCS on 23MAR. Please make all feel welcome. It’s going to be a busy, but exciting month for us all. Fly safe and stay healthy!
Amy & Kelli
APFA BOS Base President
APFA BOS Base Vice President