Thursday, March 12, 2020
APFA Accepting Resumes for Regional Representative & Chairperson Positions
On December 31, APFA sent an initial request for individuals interested in working at APFA.
APFA is accepting resumes for the following positions:
- Regional Representatives (7)
- National Department Chairs – (7 – Communications, Contract, Health, Hotel, Injury on Duty (IOD), Safety/Security, and Scheduling)
Department Chair & Regional Representative
- Active member in good standing
- Member of APFA for:
- One (1) or more years for National Chair
- Two (2) or more years for Regional Representative
- Served in at least one (1) of the following elected/appointed positions:
- National Officer
- Base President
- Base Vice President
- Cumulative one (1) year experience as a Base Council Representative
- For National Chair, experience should be from the national department/committee for the position being sought
- For Regional Representative, experience should be as a base Dispute Representative or base representative from the National Scheduling Department / Committee
- Member of an APFA national committee existing prior to the adoption of the Policy Manual or established pursuant to Section 13.B. of the Policy Manual
- Member of a standing negotiating committee or former negotiator
- Regional Representative
- National Chair
- Board Member – Flight Attendant System Board of Adjustment (SBA)
- Union Advocate – Flight Attendant SBA
- Cumulative six (6) months of experience as Scheduling Representative on Duty (SROD) and/or Contract Administration Representative on Duty (CARD)
- Ad Hoc Member of the APFA Executive Committee
APFA policy manual states “For purposes of this Section 3.D., for all LUS Flight Attendants, comparable AFA experience with US Airways shall count toward the union experience requirement.”
Submitting Your Resume & Deadline
Email email@example.com with the following information:
- Position desired
There is no need for you to resubmit your resume if you have already sent your resume since December 31, 2019.
Please submit your resume by March 31, 2020.
The Regional Representative and Department Chair positions commence on May 1, 2020, for a two-year term ending on April 30, 2022.