Sunday, May 10, 2020
June 2020 DFW Manning and Allocations
Manning Information and Flying are Preliminary and Subject to Change prior to Bid Sheet Publication.
- Active Headcount: 3,732
- Available Headcount: 3,389
- Lineholders: 1,470
- Reserves: 419 (12.4%)
- System Reserve: 11.6%
- The Company is offering 1,500 paid (70-Hour) VLOA’s for June. Unlike the NSL, you must submit a Ballot for the paid VLOA. You may access the ballot via Jetnet > Flight Service > 70-hour VLOA Bidding. Bidding for the 70-hour VLOA will close on Monday, May 11th at 1200 (CDT).
- PVLOA effective May 2020: 2,099
- PVLOA effective June 2020: 158
- VEOP/LSVEOP: 178
- Total FAs on Voluntary Leave or Early Out: 2,435
- Targeted Line Average: 75.8 hours
- System Line Average: 75.4 hours
As we continue to navigate the changes to our profession these past months and the effect it has had on our lives, your base leadership has remained constant in advocating for trip improvements. Flexibility, quality of work and home life is essential in these difficult times. For May, we were concerned about long duty days, lack of variety of trip types, time away from base and food options while on layovers.
The Allocations department listened to our feedback and made significant improvements for June. Programming adjustments were made to build domestic and NIPD duty days at ten hours or less (with some exceptions), create commutable three-day trips, increase turns and co-pair pilots and flight attendants if possible. Many of the pairings look like pairings from the past, with balanced duty days and layovers. We hope these improvements will accommodate all flight attendant lifestyles. Overall, flying has substantially decreased from June 2019 with a 73% pull down at DFW.
Flying hours were increased from May with the return of some of our IPD summer destinations. FRA, AMS, HNL and OGG are currently scheduled to operate daily in June. LHR (operating daily) and NRT (operating 3 days a week) have been upgraded to 777-300. MAD (operating 4 days a week starting June 2), CDG, HNL, AMS and FRA will operate on 787 equipment. International destinations remain fluid with countries and states lifting travel bans at will. Network Planning anticipates these routes will operate in June unless government restrictions dictate otherwise.
The base has stressed to the company that timely updates regarding DFW international operations is paramount to PBS bidding strategies. The base provided allocations a list of pairings for modifications/improvements for June. We specifically addressed excessive legs on the 3FA aircraft for future programming adjustments.
3FA and 4FA Percentage of Sequences
3FA and 4FA Overnight Rest Distribution
- Overnight rest 10-10:30 hrs: 1.8%
- Overnight Rest 10:30-11hrs: 2.9%
- Overnight Rest 11-12 hrs: 17.8%
- Overnight Rest 12-14 hrs: 25.3%
- Overnight Rest 14-16 hrs: 22.4%
- Overnight Rest 16-24 hrs: 24.9%
- Overnight Rest 24-34 hrs: 3.7%
- Greater than 34 hrs: 1.2%
3FA & 4FA Productivity
- Credit Hours per Calendar Day: 5:14 hrs.
- Schedule Block Hours per Calendar Day: 4:21 hrs.
- Credit Hours per Duty Period: 5:20 hrs.
3FA & 4FA Sit-Time
- 2 Hours: 14.6%
- 2.5 Hours: 8.9%
- 3 Hours: 0.0%
3FA & 4FA Leg Distribution
- 1 Leg—38.5%
- 2 Leg—53.1%
- 3 Leg—8.3%
3FA & 4FA Duty Distribution
- Duty length is calculated including sign-in and release time.
- 3 to 4 hours of duty: 7.1%
- 4 to 5 hours of duty: 21.7%
- 5 to 6 hours of duty: 7.2%
- 6 to 7 hours of duty: 4.2%
- 7 to 8 hours of duty: 17.2%
- 8 to 9 hours of duty: 25.4%
- 9 to 10 hours of duty: 11.1%
- 10 to 11 hours of duty: 4.2%
- 11 to 12 hours of duty: 0.6%
- Greater than 12 hours: 0.0%
3FA & 4FA Block Distribution
- 3 hours or less: 17.4%
- 3 to 4 hours: 19.8%
- 4 to 5 hours: 15.0%
- 5 to 6 hours: 26.5%
- 6 to 7 hours: 17.5%
- 7 to 8 hours: 3.1%
- 8 to 9 hours: 0.7%
DFW Combined Operation Percentage of Sequences All Equipment/All Positions
Designated email for Allocations and Manning questions and concerns. firstname.lastname@example.org
Amber De Roxtra
APFA DFW Base President
APFA DFW Interim Base Vice President
Currently, no scheduled events...