Sunday, June 7, 2020
July 2020 DFW Manning and Allocations
Manning Information and Flying are Preliminary and Subject to Change prior to Bid Sheet Publication.
- Active Headcount: 3,673
- Available Headcount: 3,362
- Bid Jobs/Line Holders: 2,036
- Reserves: 560 (16.7%)
- System Reserve: 18.1%
- Voluntary Leave of Absence (VLOA): 766
- PVLOA effective May 2020: 2,099
- PVLOA effective JUN 2020: 113
- PVLOA effective JUL 2020: 116
- VEOP/LSVEOP: 178
- Total FA’s on Voluntary Leave or Early out: 2,506
- Expected Line Average: 77 hours.
- System Expected Line Average: 76.6 hours
DFW will see an increase in block hours for July. The added flying will create an additional 566 bid jobs from June. Flying at DFW has been pulled down 60% from July 2019. We are slowly seeing flying return with a 13.3% increase month-over month.
The Allocations department reprogrammed optimize software for July. One change, Flight Attendants may not be co-paired with Pilots as often due to different duty regulations. The change was to encourage optimizer software to build higher block time pairings. The company is also limiting layovers as much as possible. The reduction in layovers is due to state and countries lifting pandemic restrictions sporadically and flight attendant safety concerns.
Turns have continued to increase with many high time turns returning. ODANS and red-eye pairings have returned for July. Many Flight Attendants enjoy the flexibility and quality of life that turns and ODANS provide. We specifically identified commutable trips when reviewing July pairings. The base has a 50/50 mix of turns and multi-day trips. Pairing construction will remain fluid while we adapt to operational fluctuations.
DUB, ICN and HND return for July operating three times a week. Many IPD destinations operate daily in July, with NRT and MAD operating now daily. We continue to voice our concerns to the company regarding IPD destinations that cancel after PBS awards. We have stressed that Flight Attendants need updated information regarding IPD cancellations prior to PBS bidding.
July Schedule Highlights
- Independence Day – Saturday, July 4th
- Schedule Change Date – Tuesday, July 7th
3FA and 4FA Percentage of Sequences
- 1D – 57.6%
- 2D – 32.7%
- 3D – 9.7%
- 4D – 0.0%
3FA and 4FA Overnight Rest Distribution
- Overnight rest 10-10:30hrs: 8.0%
- Overnight Rest 10:30-11hrs: 6.2%
- Overnight Rest 11-12hrs: 11.9%
- Overnight Rest 12-14hrs: 35.2%
- Overnight Rest 14-16hrs: 13.2%
- Overnight Rest 16-24hrs: 20.5%
- Overnight Rest 24-34hrs: 5.0%
3FA & 4FA Productivity
- Credit Hours per Calendar Day: 5:13 hrs.
- Schedule Block Hours per Calendar Day: 4:44 hrs.
- Credit Hours per Duty Period: 5:30 hrs.
3FA & 4FA Sit-Time
- 2 Hours: 13.6%
- 2.5 Hours: 9.0%
- 3 Hours: 5.1%
3FA & 4FA Leg Distribution
- 1 Leg—19.0%
- 2 Leg—60.2%
- 3 Leg—20.7%
3FA & 4FA Duty Distribution
Duty length is calculated including sign-in and release time.
- 3 to 4 hours of duty: 5.3%
- 4 to 5 hours of duty: 7.8%
- 5 to 6 hours of duty: 6.0%
- 6 to 7 hours of duty: 6.6%
- 7 to 8 hours of duty: 21.5%
- 8 to 9 hours of duty: 26.6%
- 9 to 10 hours of duty: 14.3%
- 10 to 11 hours of duty: 4.2%
- 11 to 12 hours of duty: 3.8%
- Greater than 12 hours: 3.5%
3FA & 4FA Block Distribution
- 3 hours or less: 9.3%
- 3 to 4 hours: 13.1%
- 4 to 5 hours: 21.2%
- 5 to 6 hours: 33.7%
- 6 to 7 hours: 13.7%
- 7 to 8 hours: 5.5%
- 8 to 9 hours: 3.4%
DFW Combined Operation Percentage of Sequences (All Equipment, All Positions)
Designated email for Allocations and Manning questions and concerns:
Amber De Roxtra
APFA DFW Base President
Amy Knox Green
APFA DFW Base Vice President
Currently, no scheduled events...