Wednesday, July 29, 2020
July 2020 Voluntary Early Out Program (VEOP) and Extended Voluntary Leave of Absence (EVLOA) FAQs – Part V
*Special CQT/Training Edition*
The deadline for balloting for the Extended Voluntary Leave of Absence (EVLOA) and Voluntary Early Out Programs (VEOP) has been extended to Wednesday, August 5th at 2359 (CDT).
APFA continues to compile VEOP and EVLOA questions. We continue to receive many questions about CQ Training, QI, and how various leaves may affect your training timeline. Should you have further questions regarding the VEOP, EVLOA, or WARN notifications, please contact an APFA Contract and Scheduling Representative by clicking here.
- VEOP/EVLOA Q & A Part I
- VEOP/EVLOA Q & A Part II
- VEOP/EVLOA Q & A Part III
- VEOP/EVLOA Q & A Part IV
- Quick Reference Chart: July 2020 Voluntary Early Out Program (VEOP)
1. What do I need to do if my base month is July and I would like to extend my qualifications and not go to CQ in July?
Your WBTs need to be completed no later than August 31st, and you will need to ensure your qualifications have been extended if attending training after August 31st to maintain qualifications and keep from going QI. You are required to attend training no later than October 31st to keep from going QI. Once your WBTs are completed you must notify the TSD via Comply365. The form can be found under Comply365 > My Forms > AAFA Training > Training Qualification Update Form.
2. What do I need to do if my grace month is July and I would like to extend my qualifications and not go to CQ in July?
Your WBTs must be completed no later than July 31st, and you will need to ensure your qualifications have been extended. You must attend training no later than September 30th to keep from going QI. Once your WBTs are completed you must notify the TSD via Comply365. The form can be found under Comply365 > My Forms > AAFA Training > Training Qualification Update Form.
3. What do I need to do if my base month is August, and I would like to extend my qualifications?
There are currently no exemptions or extensions for the August base month. Flight Attendants will be required to complete both WBT and CQ training no later than September 30th to maintain qualifications and keep from going QI.
4. If I am currently on a PVLOA that transitions into an EVLOA October 1st, do I have to attend CQ?
No. You are not required to attend.
5. Can I attend CQ on an EVLOA to keep my base month?
Yes. You are encouraged to maintain your qualifications during an EVLOA.
6. Am I still able to ride the jumpseat if I am QI?
Yes, with a valid CREW ID.
7. If I go QI while on a leave, do I lose my EVLOA or PVLOA pay or any associated benefits?
8. If I was active on July 15, 2020, and I qualified for the EVLOA, and I go QI in SEP, do I maintain my awarded EVLOA beginning October 1st, 2020?
Yes. However, you must attend training unless you held a PVLOA for the month of September.
9. Do I have to attend CQ on the EVLOA?
10. What if I go QI on an EVLOA?
Closer to the end of your EVLOA, the training department will contact you to assist with the next steps for training enrollment.
11. Do I keep my purser qualification while out on a PVLOA or EVLOA?
Yes. If training is required, you will be able to do it upon your return.
12. Do I have to do any WBTs required by the company while out on a PVLOA or EVLOA?
No. All required WBTs will be available when you return.
13. Can I attend CQ during any month during my PVLOA or EVLOA?
Yes. You are not required to attend on your base or grace month. You can plot training during any subsequent month during your leave, however, doing so will change your base month.
APFA National Contract Chair
For issues with logging into your account please contact the Membership Department during regular business hours at (817) 540-0108 ext. 8153.
For important or time-sensitive issues regarding contract, scheduling, health, IOD, or other department-related questions please visit the department contact information page to contact the department you need. For immediate assistance please call APFA headquarters at (817) 540-0108
Visit the Contact Us page for general questions or media inquiries.