Tuesday, September 8, 2020
DFW October 2020 Manning/Allocations Information
Manning Information is Preliminary and Subject to Change
- Available Headcount: 2,981
- Active Headcount: 2,757
- Bid Jobs/Line Holders: 2,267
- Reserves: 386
- Voluntary (unpaid) Leave of Absence (VLOA)/Tentative: 104
- PVLOA effective SEP 2020: 104
- EVLOA – New: 479
- EVLOA – PVLOA Conversions: 82
- EVLOA – After PVLOA: 351
- STLOA – New: 312
- STLOA – PVLOA Conversions: 8
- VEOP/LSVEOP effective MAY 2020: 178
- VEOP/LSVEOP/<10 yrs VEOP effective OCT 2020: 381
- Flight Attendants returning from PVLOA in October: 35
- Expected Open Line Average: 76.2 hours
- Expected System Line Average: 76 hours
- Schedule Change Dates—Wednesday, October 07 and Saturday, October 24
Special Flying Events
- IATA Daylight Saving Time Change— Sunday, October 25
- Halloween— Saturday, October 31
- US Daylight Saving Time changes (one hour back) on Sunday, November 01
While October is usually a slower month due to passenger demand, the October bid sheet is definitely inadequate, to say the least. Despite the current climate of our travel conditions and COVID-19 pandemic, the Company’s definition of “Quality of Life” is vastly different than ours.
We strongly expressed our aversions to the various changes that were made. Shorter, minimum layovers, with the longer duty days, multiple legs a day are just a few that were not only objected to but were ignored. Wearing masks on longer duty days is not just undesirable but putting your employees that put themselves on the front-line during these times at more of a risk. We know that there is no room for error with weather, mechanicals or delays with the current sequences built. We brought these up in our meetings with the Company. As seen with past practice, scheduling/tracking will find much difficulty during these times and the burden will once again fall upon the Flight Attendants.
Our concerns fell on deaf ears with regards to the October bid sheet. We have and we will continue to fight for a better “Quality of Life” concerning our sequences/pairings in the future, as we continue to inform the company that this is unacceptable.
Let’s not forget our junior colleagues, by putting pressure on Congress to extend the PSP. Calls, emails or letter writing campaigns are effective in utilizing our voice in unison support.
Flying to the following cities will change:
- DFW-GUA, service is scheduled to resume on Friday, September 18.
- DFW-BOG, service is scheduled to resume on Thursday, October 8.
- DFW-ICN, service is reduced to 3x/week in September and October 8. Changing aircraft from a 787-800 to a 777-200. Korean government is concerned about the number of passengers going into the country.
- DFW-SJO, service is reduced from 10x/week to 5x/week effective September 16 to October 6.
- DFW-SJU, service will increase from 1x/week to 2x/week, effective November 4 to November 18.
3FA and 4FA Percentage of Sequences
- 1-Day: 56.4%
- 2-Day: 24.9%
- 3-Day: 15.1%
- 4-Day: 3.6%
3FA and 4FA Overnight Rest Distribution
- Overnight rest 10-10:30 hrs: 6.6%
- Overnight Rest 10:30-11hrs: 13.1%
- Overnight Rest 11-12 hrs: 21.3%
- Overnight Rest 12-14 hrs: 15.2%
- Overnight Rest 14-16 hrs: 12.7%
- Overnight Rest 16-24 hrs: 21.1%
- Overnight Rest 24-34 hrs: 9.3%
- Overnight Rest Greater than 34 hours: 0.7%
3FA & 4FA Productivity
- Credit Hours per Calendar Day: 5:41 hrs.
- Schedule Block Hours per Calendar Day: tomorrow 5:25 hrs.
- Credit Hours per Duty Period: 6:08 hrs.
3FA & 4FA Sit-Time
- 2 Hours: 12.4%
- 2.5 Hours: 9.3%
- 3 Hours: 3.4%
3FA & 4FA Leg Distribution
- 1 Leg—13.3%
- 2 Leg—49.5%
- 3 Leg—33.1%
- 4 Legs—3.7%
- 5 Legs—0.4%
3FA & 4FA Duty Distribution
Duty length is calculated including sign-in and release time.
- 3 to 4 hours of duty: 2.1%
- 4 to 5 hours of duty: 8.0%
- 5 to 6 hours of duty: 2.2%
- 6 to 7 hours of duty: 3.4%
- 7 to 8 hours of duty: 14.3%
- 8 to 9 hours of duty: 14.8%
- 9 to 10 hours of duty: 8.9%
- 10 to 11 hours of duty: 12.0%
- 11 to 12 hours of duty: 14.3%
- Greater than 12 hours: 19.9%
3FA & 4FA Block Distribution
- 3 hours or less: 7.9%
- 3 to 4 hours: 7.9%
- 4 to 5 hours: 8.6%
- 5 to 6 hours: 26.9%
- 6 to 7 hours: 19.4%
- 7 to 8 hours: 17.0%
- 8 to 9 hours: 12.3%
DFW Combined Operation Percentage of Sequences
All equipment all positions.
Designated email for Allocations and Manning questions and concerns:
Amber De Roxtra
APFA DFW Base President
Amy Knox Green
APFA DFW Base Vice President