Thursday, September 10, 2020
Aflac® Open Enrollment Extended Through September 16th
Due to high demand, Aflac® Open Enrollment has been extended through, Wednesday, September 16th for its Voluntary Supplemental Benefits offering to our membership. Policy coverage will be effective October 1st. If you registered for Aflac® in past open enrollments, no action is necessary. Your policy will automatically renew.
Voluntary Early Out Program (VEOP) Flight Attendants:
- Leave of Employment – When a member retires, terminates or does not return to work, the last day of employment is considered the termination date and they must contact Aflac® Group customer service at 1-800-433-3036 within thirty (30) days for a “port package.” Please refer to portability below.*
Short-Term Leave of Absence (STLOA), Extended Voluntary Leave of Absence (EVLOA) and paid VLOA Flight Attendants:
- Eligible to add new plans and/or make changes to existing coverage during open enrollment
- Premiums should continue to be remitted for coverage to remain in force
- Service Request Form (SRF) can be used for “cancellation of coverage”; it must be signed by the insured and submitted for the cancellation to be processed. Remember that it may take up to two billing cycles for changes to be updated.
Furloughed Flight Attendants:
For those Flight Attendants who may be furloughed, APFA will consider you as active if your premiums are current, and you are receiving salary and benefits continuance. Should you need to file a short-term disability claim during that period, please contact APFA before filing for all documents and information relating to your situation. You may email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Plans Being Offered:
- Short-Term Disability
- 24-Hour Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness
- Hospital Indemnity
You can schedule a one-on-one appointment with a benefit counselor to walk you through the process by scheduling in advance by clicking the Book Now link below: (New York and Puerto Rico use self-serve only option)
- Call Center Phone: 877-453-2385
- Call Center Hours: 09:00 (CDT) until 18:00 (CDT) Monday – Friday, and 09:00 (CDT) until 12:00 (CDT) on Saturday
To self-enroll online please click the Enroll Now link below.
Please Note: Flight Attendants who live in New York and Puerto Rico must enroll using the self-serve option only. A benefit counselor cannot take your enrollment via the call center option, by law.
*Portability – Aflac® Group does not contact member to notify them of their portability options. If an employee wishes to continue coverage after leaving the group, they should call Customer Service and request to continue coverage. A member has 30 days after leaving employment to notify Aflac® Group 1-800-433-3036 that they wish to complete a porting packet to continue coverage.
- Aflac® Group Disability coverage must be in force for at least six months before it can be ported
- We cannot accept premium for Disability products while employees are not working. If the member maintains another job then the disability can be ported.
New Phone App, to provide easy access as a virtual benefits tool, to help while on the go.
You will be able to access Aflac® plan options; it is a directory for contacts, which includes quick links and phone #’s as well as other important information. Take advantage of this tool now for enrollment and year round as a one-stop shop for your service needs.
Follow the download instructions:
- Take your phone, start a new text message to: 36260
- Text: APFA
After you have text APFA to number 36260, you will receive a response with a link to that text message. Click on the link in the text message and follow your phone directions to add to your home screen on your phone.
This adds the virtual benefits guide to your phone
Once the APFA/Aflac® benefits guide is on your phone, you can review the information and use the tool for Call Center or Self-Serve enrollment whenever it is convenient for you. We encourage you to download the phone app today!
For ALL Members (ACTIVE, INACTIVE, VEOP, EVLOA, STLOA, etc.), you are eligible for TELEMEDICINE and may self-enroll at www.247apfa.com
During the COVID-19 grace-period members may have missed premium payments. To make one-time payments to catch-up, click here. Register with the email on file with Aflac®.
APFA National Health Chair