Monday, September 15, 2020
Wings Foundation Payroll Deduction Option
Currently, Flight Attendants on the ePays payroll system have the option to payroll deduct donations to the Wings Foundation. Effective tomorrow, ALL Flight Attendants will migrate to an entirely new payroll platform. It is important to note that previous payroll donations to the Wings Foundation through ePays will not transfer over to the new payroll system..
Payroll donations to WINGS account for 70% of the funds made available to your colleagues in need of financial assistance due to illness or injury while off AA payroll, or whose primary residence is damaged or destroyed by a natural disaster/catastrophic event. Those donations will entirely disappear effective September 16, which will severely impact WINGS’ ability to continue this valuable assistance into the future. The pandemic has shaken our industry and American Airlines, and recovery time to our previous operational level remains in question. May we count on you to continue with your generosity by enrolling in this new system?
- Sign into Jetnet > Get Involved > American Cares
- Select “OK” and pass the Volunteering in the Community Waiver
- Choose “Donate Now”
- Select the “Wings Foundation” icon, followed by “Make a New Donation”
- Select “Recurring Payroll”
- Enter your amount of choice (this amount is per pay period = 2x monthly)
- Scroll down and select “Add To My Cart” followed by “Checkout”
- Select Name, Address & email, followed by “Next Step”
- Select “I Agree”
- Select “Confirm and Finish” (this page shows the amount per pay period AND the estimated total for the year; you may “Go Back A Step” if you wish to edit your donation amount)
Flight Attendants who currently donate to Wings Foundation through our “Network for Good” may continue with this option, which deducts a fee or allows you to make up the difference, so your donation is “whole” to WINGS. There is no fee when donating through payroll, so you may consider switching your donation options.
Wings Foundation is now a “Featured Charity” on the American Giving platform, so any AA employee may donate to WINGS or other featured charities. We hope you will consider your donation choices and keep the Wings Foundation in your hearts.
We cannot do this without you … Some of our colleagues can attest to that! Listen to their compelling testimonials in the video below.
Thank you for remembering WINGS! Donate today!
President, Wings Foundation
Keep Wings Afloat 2020 Promo