Friday, November 13, 2020
APFA BOS Base Brief – November 2020
Thank you for showing up to work each day and taking care of one another throughout this pandemic. Please continue to reach out to not only those on the line, but also to those Flight Attendants on Leaves and Furlough. We are a small, but mighty base and it shows in times like these.
We have a lot of Flight Attendants serving Reserve for the first time under PBS. Please reach out if you have any questions.
Here are a few reminders and FAQs that we have been fielding over the past couple of months.
- RESERVES BID DAYS OFF UNDER THE RESERVE TAB IN PBS
- If you would like to potentially become a Lineholder, or are a very junior Reserve, bid 7 Layers of Reserve AND 7 Layers of Trips. This is just a back up, in case they need to pull additional FAs.
- Be mindful of any Waivers for DEC (i.e. 30/7, Double-Ups, Home Base Rest). The second half of the month will be heavy with flying.
- There are several NIPD Spanish Speaker sequences.
- There are 2 sequences mixed with 777 flying.
- ROC (Remain On Call) before RAP: If you would like to bid for a RAP, be sure to put a ROC bid in before your RAP selections.
Q: Is it legal to serve 2 Standbys back to back?
A: Yes, it is. In a small base, we are more likely to see this.
Q: When do I max out?
A: When your RSVCOT (Reserve Calling Out of Time) is at 85.01. You may call to have any remaining days reserve days changed to days off. Please remember to remove any standing bids.
Q: Where do I bid for Daily Reserve Assignments?
A: Go to Crew Portal – Daily Bids – Reserve
Q: How do I bid for a particular Standby shift on Reserve?
A: Select Report After/Report Before, put a start and end time with a 6hr window. For example, 0500-1100 would be the morning standby shift and 1230-1830 would be the afternoon standby in BOS.
From our Regional Rep, Sam Maher, the Company is seeing a lot more CERS Reports regarding customer compliance with masks. Be sure to match up the passenger name with the manifest and include that in your CERS Report. The more detailed information you can give, the better.
If you have questions or concerns regarding contractual language, reserve, or scheduling issues, please reach out as soon as you can. As a reminder, there are several resources available to you. Amy and Kelli are available via phone, text or email. You may also contact APFA HDQ (817) 540-0108 or go to the website at www.apfa.org.
Amy Milenkovic will be on vacation November 21-30, please reach out to Kelli or APFA HDQ during this time.
Wishing a Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Fly safe and stay healthy.
Amy & Kelli
APFA BOS Base President
APFA BOS Base Vice President
Currently, no scheduled events...