Tuesday, April 27, 2021
Returning to Active Flying Status
For those Flight Attendants who are returning to active flying status from either STLOA, EVLOA or furlough, we welcome you back!
Here are a few reminders to help you navigate your return to work:
If you are QI (Qualifications Insufficient) and need to attend CQ (Continuing Qualification), there are some dates you need to be aware of:
- To be able to participate in the LRD tool, you would need to complete training by the 1st of the month, as it can take up to 48 hours to update your training records and put you at active status. The LRD (Lineholder/Reserve Designator) opens on the 3rd of the month.
- If you are unable to complete CQ before the LRD opens, you should follow up with Crew Planning (email@example.com) to find out your status – Reserve or Lineholder – for the next month.
- To be able to receive an award in PBS, you would need to complete training by the 13th of the month – which is 48 hours before PBS bids close on the 15th.
- If you complete CQ on the 12th or 13th of the month, you should email Crew Planning (firstname.lastname@example.org) to verify that you have been moved to active status and have been updated in the system.
- If you are unable to complete CQ with enough time to be awarded in PBS, you will be given an “open schedule” if you are a Lineholder. If you are a Reserve, the Planner will build a schedule for you.
- An Open Schedule (JCBA Section 10.D.19.d) is a schedule with no trips or days off. You must make a reasonable effort to pick up time in order to reach a prorated line guarantee. The proration will be based on the number of days you are available to the Company for the month according to the proration chart.
- If you ballot for trips and are unsuccessful in getting trips up to your line guarantee, file a Direct Connect listing all of the TTS Run ID numbers or ETB runs to validate your claim. Without the run numbers, Crew Comp will not process a payment for you. Here is a screenshot of how to find the Run ID in TTS:
APFA National Scheduling Chair
APFA National Contract Department
APFA JCBA Specialist