Monday, May 3, 2021
June 2021 Allocations
When PBS processing begins, if additional Lineholders are needed, those with Reserve status will be changed to Lineholder status in the following order:
- Tentative Flight Attendants who were involuntarily moved to Reserve status.
- Reserve Flight Attendants who toggled to Pref LH in the LRD who were unable to hold Lineholder status in LRD.
- Most junior Reserve Flight Attendants involuntarily moved to Lineholder status after all the above have been utilized.
If you are in one of these 3 categories above, you will want to bid
7 layers of Reserve and 7 layers of Lineholder in PBS
- DCA: 36,517 flying hours (+5,819 month-over -month)
- IAD: 51 flying hours (-1920)
- BWI: 1,933 flying hours (-43)
- 38,501 Total Flying Hours (DCA, IAD, BWI) (+3,856)
IAD has taken a huge decrease in flying hours. I approached the Company to explain why such a dramatic decrease in hours. Network Planning reported that summer business travel is extremely down and caused the shift to regional carriers operating the flights. There is a chance that mainline flying does return in the fall if business travel demand increases.
I will continue to advocate for the return of flying to IAD, as soon as possible. This change does NOT affect the DCA co-terminal language.
Final Notes for the DCA Base:
- 596 overall sequences
- 560 sequences (DCA)
- 34 sequences (BWI)
- 2 DFW turns (IAD)
- 33 sequences on the 737 MAX -DCA
- 3 high time LAS turns
- 1 high time LAX turn
- NIPD RONS -STT- PUJ-SJD-STX-CUN-BAQ-MEX (all over 15 hours pure rest)
- High time 2 -3-4-day trips
- No ODANs
- No redeyes
- No long west coast RONs
- Sit times still excessive
Reserve numbers are extremely high and have already been addressed with crew manning. Reserve rotation opening numbers starts at FA Seniority 14,764 – OCC date August of 2000.
APFA DCA Base President
APFA DCA Base Vice President
APFA DCA Base Council Representative – Allocations