Thursday, May 13, 2021
From Your Safety Reports
Here are some totals from the CERs Reports submitted for Charlotte in one month:
- Fume/Odor events reported – 1 Aircraft type- 320 Flight Attendants taken to Hospital- 3
- Passengers ill on aircraft – 79 Possible Covid – 19
- Passenger Misconduct on Aircraft – 298
- Mask related – 201
- Intoxication – 30
- Miscellaneous Misconduct – 75
- Smoking – 10
- Fights – 4
- Passengers removed from aircraft – 44
- Passenger Injuries on Aircraft – 4
- Flight Attendant injuries (non-fume related) – 2
- Flight Attendants taken to hospital (non-fume) – 2
- Turbulence Events reported – 4 Flight Attendants injured – 2
- Passenger animals removed – 6
- Passenger lost/stolen/damaged property – 3
- Possible Human Trafficking – 1
- Security Concerns – 2
- Bird Strikes – 1
- Other (issues with Ops/Agents) – 3
Safety is our primary job. As you can see from these reports, a safety event can come at any phase of the operation. Remain vigilant, and use all your resources. Our Flight Attendants are the best in the industry. We see this every day when reading your reports and how our crews deal with all these situations.
HNL Fuel Stops
With the disruption to the Colonial Pipeline, fuel has become scarce in our region, including jet fuel. As a result, the daily flight from Charlotte to Honolulu may be scheduled for a fuel stop in Dallas. This has added time to the duty day. Due to the FARs associated with this stop, the company will be augmenting this flight with an extra Flight Attendant until this refueling stop is no longer necessary. The extra position will be listed in TTS/UBL and is available for bid. The return flight from Honolulu to Charlotte is still non-stop and not affected by the fuel shortage.
If you are experiencing problems with your tablets, take the tablet to the Flight Service Center for troubleshooting and replacement if necessary. If the problems continue, document the problems and protect yourself by filling out an ASAP report. Our tablets continue to deteriorate, and the company is placing the blame on us.
Yesterday, we began parking in the Express Deck 2 parking garage off Harlee Avenue. Just remember to turn into the parking deck entrance and take the first right. The entrance is in the second structure around the back. We may park on levels 3, 4, and 5.
Take care of yourselves and each other,
~ The Charlotte APFA Team
APFA CLT Base President
APFA CLT Base Vice President
Currently, no scheduled events...